Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122232425262730 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 games to go - Man City and Liverpool

Didn't Tierney send off Robbo and not Harry Kane?

Tierney is the one who Klopp confronted and said "I have no problems with any other ref, just you."
    It's a fucking joke. Klop has to say something about it.

Hopefully we don't need any decisions to swing it.

It may actually work in out favour.. The offficials may fear they will appear bias and give us most of the calls. Just hope we have the mind set not to worry about how the officiating goes and we get stuck in from first minute to last.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Got to beat the greasy mancs and their officials. Need to be on it from the get go

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    We're going down this route again...

There's a reason why none of our midfielders put up high numbers in terms of goals and assists (and it's not because they're all shit before someone shouts it out ). Their function is to be pure energy in the middle and to allow the fullbacks to be the main source of creativity. We've been playing this way for nearly 5 years!

I remember having this 'argument' about this exact same thing a few years ago. It hasnt changed. I mean look at Gomez at the weekend, he's a centre half playing as wingback and still got a great assist! These aren't happy accidents!

I certainly didnt expect Thiago to come in and be putting up Kevin DeBruyne type numbers. And anyone who did hasn't been watching us very closely over the last 5 years.
    I've made this argument numerous times and it is relevant, except for we do need some assists from our midfielders and balls before the assist that release a forward or full back in time and space to deliver, they should be looking for 5-10 assists and the same number of balls before the assist at least, we do have one midfielder who posted such figures in 19-20 and is already on the same number of assists as 19-20 this season, I think at least 3 of the assists have come when playing at No6

I think it's only fair to expect Thiago to deliver at least some of this level of pressing and passing that only the much maligned Captain Fantastic has been producing, you know, sublime, world class passing that actually has some end product to go with it

Last edited by Nineteenx; 5th April 2022 at 07:29 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Must be a massive burden always being right!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Must be a massive burden always being right!
    Accuracy matters to some of us at least, I get annoyed because the same people that take every opportunity they can to bash Captain fantastic who actually has been producing are jizzing over a player who has pretty categorically failed to deliver what was expected of him or at all except for the occasional very rare instance and even having the temerity to try and use a player who isn't producing and has so far failed to produce to further attempt to bash the best Captain we've had in my grown up life
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Never seen anyone bash Henderson i think hes a great player.. But he has off games now and then. everyone does.

Mark Noble's last ever Home match for West Ham is Man City's penultimate League game this season.

Hopefully West Ham can produce a massive atmosphere in that one if we are still within touching distance, but truthfully that set of fixtures is absolutely miles off.

Hope we can learn more from today's game. If I trust any group to find another level, it's our lads.