Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 242728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: 12 games to go - Man City and Liverpool

So, the next part of my cunning plan of dreaming bigger is actually tonight, with Frankfurt knocking West Ham out of the Europa League

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Come on lads, get real, it's so obvious what's going to happen

Real knock City out of the Champions League Wednesday

Then they get bummed by the odd goal v Newcastle when trying to play catch up to us

Then Wolves get the draw they would have had in the first meeting but for the incorrectly awarded pen

West Ham need to win to be back in Europe next season after being knocked out of the Europa League by Frankfurt, give it their best, but come away with a draw

Having seen us land the FA Cup and the title and expecting us to turn Real over in the Champions League final

City then get bummed by Stevie's Villa side in their final game to complete a spectacular end of season collapse
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    So, the next part of my cunning plan of dreaming bigger is actually tonight, with Frankfurt knocking West Ham out of the Europa League
    Frankfurt are a crack outfit. West ham won't make the final

So how many of us on here think the City game against Madrid will affect them negatively in the league?
    I for one do.
    How are they going to feel this morning when they turn up for training and look each other in the eye.
    the thing about City is, Pep micromanages them to the extreme, they have to control every aspect of the game, pass pass pass and eventually they score.
    But when the game doesn't go to plan, they don't know what to do really, because Pep doesn't trust them to make decisions for themselves on the pitch.
    This is why they don't do comebacks, and they often fall apart completely when an opposing team scores a flurry of goals in a short spell. Like last night, like against City in the CL, like against us at anfield in the CL, and to a certain extent the return game at the etihad. And against Leipzig i think.
    They don't do comebacks. it's not in the DNA.
    This one is going to be hard for them, not just the losing, but the manner of it. To be ahead by two goals in the 89th minute.
    The press are loving it now of course, and all the accusations about their weak mentality, it is bound to affect them.

As if we didn't they are a shower of assholes Some lovely comments from Blue Moon:

*52 minutes into my working day, and I’m flabbergasted at how many people suddenly want to talk about football. ****.

*bring on the super league and end this ****

*Game management skills akin to a box of **** fish fingers.

*wish we could **** this bent competition off. It’s corrupt to the core

*Angry the last 40 minutes. Extremely **** angry. It was like we just switched off at the most crucial time.

That said, funnily enough at the end it’s done and we still have the league to go for.

1. Go and **** win it

2. Stop the murderers doing the quad, because they’ll demolish these in the way we couldn’t.

*Anyone who still thinks winning that **** tournament would be better than winning the PL must be crackers.

I hate the CL with a vengeance. I don't think we'll ever win it - UEFA won't let us

I can't see City being genuinely happy with winning 'only' the premier league.

Especially if we win another champions league by beating the team that just beat them.

Granted we'll not be happy with only the league cup but we've got two more finals to look forward to, anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenpotter View Post
    As if we didn't they are a shower of assholes Some lovely comments from Blue Moon:

*52 minutes into my working day, and I’m flabbergasted at how many people suddenly want to talk about football. ****.

*bring on the super league and end this ****

*Game management skills akin to a box of **** fish fingers.

*wish we could **** this bent competition off. It’s corrupt to the core

*Angry the last 40 minutes. Extremely **** angry. It was like we just switched off at the most crucial time.

That said, funnily enough at the end it’s done and we still have the league to go for.

1. Go and **** win it

2. Stop the murderers doing the quad, because they’ll demolish these in the way we couldn’t.

*Anyone who still thinks winning that **** tournament would be better than winning the PL must be crackers.

I hate the CL with a vengeance. I don't think we'll ever win it - UEFA won't let us
    That last one is a peach. Uefa scrapped the away goals rule which knocked them out TWICE under pep

Monaco, spurs, us, Lyon, chelsea and Real going through a transition phase.

In each and every case they were the favourites on paper.
    Can't recall too any dodgy calls, just the big heartbreak when sterling's goal was correctly ruled out for offside.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    So how many of us on here think the City game against Madrid will affect them negatively in the league?
    I for one do.
    How are they going to feel this morning when they turn up for training and look each other in the eye.
    the thing about City is, Pep micromanages them to the extreme, they have to control every aspect of the game, pass pass pass and eventually they score.
    But when the game doesn't go to plan, they don't know what to do really, because Pep doesn't trust them to make decisions for themselves on the pitch.
    This is why they don't do comebacks, and they often fall apart completely when an opposing team scores a flurry of goals in a short spell. Like last night, like against City in the CL, like against us at anfield in the CL, and to a certain extent the return game at the etihad. And against Leipzig i think.
    They don't do comebacks. it's not in the DNA.
    This one is going to be hard for them, not just the losing, but the manner of it. To be ahead by two goals in the 89th minute.
    The press are loving it now of course, and all the accusations about their weak mentality, it is bound to affect them.
    It's It's funny one, they've coped before after being dumped out of the Champions League by underdogs

Last night's one is probably a tough one to take though.

Need one of the 4 remaining sides to turn up and put them under pressure. They might wilt under pressure but I'm not so sure anyone will put them in that position.

Would be funny if wolves found some form and do them again. Of course we've got to win our games too.

Someone wrap it up - 442oons

https://youtu.be/AVpG6pyZFYI

West Ham knocked out.
    Rangers into the Final.
    Leicester out?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    West Ham knocked out.
    Rangers into the Final.
    Leicester out?
    Another red card for Cresswell!