Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 games to go - Man City and Liverpool

Guys, why do a number of you keep saying “it’s in City’s hands”? It’s just as much in our hands. If either team wins all of their games, the title is likely theirs. It could go down to goal difference and we are already ahead on that score and if we win at the Etihad, we go further ahead.

Ok it’s a big ask but it is in our own hands

Because takes the pressure off us. and puts it onto them. not that they can read our tripe that is
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It will be criminal if we don't win it, given VAR has handed City a 10 points swing, we should be 7 points ahead of them ahead of this game, we've already been robbed of one title in 18-19 when not having VAR could excuse the points swing, although even that couldn't excuse Anthony Taylor's failure to send Kompany off very early in the deciding game at the Emptyhad
    Yes, unfortunately, it's those decisions that could decide it. So call "neutrals" call us LiVARpool - because of some misguided belief that we get more VAR decisions to go in our favour than any other club despite the stats showing that they don't.

"At the end of the day" the day all of these things become pub discussion topics and the City's name will be on the trophy
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Guys, why do a number of you keep saying “it’s in City’s hands”? It’s just as much in our hands. If either team wins all of their games, the title is likely theirs. It could go down to goal difference and we are already ahead on that score and if we win at the Etihad, we go further ahead.

You asked and answered your own question.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post

"At the end of the day" all of these things become pub discussion topics and the City's name will be on the trophy
    And in another era, pre VAR such a scenario occurring that tired old cliche along with 'things even themselves out over the course of a season' would have been accepted, but it categorically should NOT be accepted in the era of VAR, there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for the decisions that have created the 10 point swing to have been got wrong, NONE

The onus on that side of things really is on Sky, BT Sport and all the punditry to make such a persistent and deafening noise about the improper use of and application of VAR and failure to apply the laws of the game correctly and to have the 'Ref watch' I have suggested, showing all the incidents and ramming it home
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Don’t think I did. You can’t say it’s in City’s hands because if we win all of our games we win it. If they do they win it. So you can’t say it’s in one or the other’s hands, even after we play each other, if we win.

Don’t think I did. You can’t say it’s in City’s hands because if we win all of our games we win it. If they do they win it. So you can’t say it’s in one or the other’s hands, even after we play each other, if we win.
    Fair. We can beat them and still lose the title on goal difference (depending on the result tonight)

Another two points dropped.

It's ON like Donkey Kong!!!
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Like a fat bird in a thong, it's fookin on

Told ya Sidney

Their legs are falling off, their minds a gaping hole - can see pep freaking out, when the champions league takes its toll