Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314151617181920212464 ... LastLast

Thread: Reason No. 398,285 why it's not good to have your club owned by a Petro-Oligarch

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I think it's daft, given that the club has 2.7 billion in outstanding loans from him, and in any sale he will be writing that debt off, technically, he isn't going to make anything from any sale if he gets that figure, as the sale will only cover the loan

Allowing the club to run as normal and trying to block the sale isn't going to put any money in Abromovich's pocket, he's writing off the debt in any sale

I don't like them, but I think it's out of order personally, especially as we've happily let the Saudi Prince who had been committing the same offences carpet bombing civilians in Yemen buy Newcastle, it's a fucking joke

I'll still take Havertz if it means him leaving there like
    Yes you're I agree with you on all counts

I think there could be something of a summer fire sale at Chelsea once the new ownership is finalised and they're set to lose Christensen, Ruddiger and Azpilacueta on frees as they can't renew their contracts

Sky reported under Ambramovich, with his continuing loans, they had been losing 900,000 a week or a month can't remember which, think it was a week, but as you'd think any new owner would want the club to be self supporting as they'll be buying it as an investment to make money, I can't see them keeping their expensively assembled squad of more than 2 players for each position on top wages and the only senior, experienced CB they'll have left come the summer will be Thiago Silva
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by shminkyred View Post
    Or maybe the guilt of turning a blind eye to where their wages, money and success came from will be too much to handle....????

You would think that some of the Oligarchs might be thinking ...fuk u Putin things are running quite smoothly...why rock the boat?...

But putin already covered any dissent with episodes like sailsbury.....Imho
    In reality Roman Loves Cheski..last thing he wanted was to give it away.....
    Do you reckon any of them watching their yachts being confiscated actually support what putin is doing ???
    Have any of the Oligarchs actually come out to publicly support the invasion?

But Putin has proved to his circle don't mess with me because thers nowhere you or your families can hide...

Time to pay the Piper

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Exactly....

I'm not defending the Oligarchs ....at the same time how many billionaires have made their money in a completely moral way?

Looking back to sailsbury poisonings now, it probably wasn't about retribution on one man...perhaps it was a warning to the Oligarchs......

When I make my move....remember who you sold your soul to

Turns out, it's more bs from our beloved Western media...
    Here...

The media is claiming Ukranian peace negotiators were poisoned with chocolates... they're calling it a chemical weapons attack... the star of the show Roman Abromvich says his skin peeled, but the problem is he was never at the negotiations pictured here... wild claims by the media are clearly trying to spark WW3...

(I can't upload the photo of the negotiating committee unfortunately)

I think it's getting near time to smash our TVs and throw away these internet providing bollixology devices..

I agree Justin
    Some people think WW3 will make for good telly but they are the lowest of the low.

Pray that Biden’s handlers pull him back from the brink because he is so stupid he’s going gung ho for regime change in Russia - and the media just lap it up. Never before has diplomacy been so idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I agree Justin
    Some people think WW3 will make for good telly but they are the lowest of the low.

Pray that Biden’s handlers pull him back from the brink because he is so stupid he’s going gung ho for regime change in Russia - and the media just lap it up. Never before has diplomacy been so idiotic.
    We live in a world where there's discussions about what it is 'to be a woman'...
    We're going have to rip it up (whatever it is) and start again...

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I agree Justin

Putin is a vengeful man. He has stirred up deep hatred that will last for hundreds of years. He is busy flattening whole cities, towns villages and communities. Who pays for this wanton destruction. I suspect it will be a 2 part thing. Separation of Ukraine, isolated from the sea. Russian people rebuild and inhabit those parts and former inhabitants fuck off. No reparations ever. Russia forms new world order outside of UN with China and maybe India too. Plus welcome N Korea. Be prepared. For myself I want a peaceful world united together and working towards combatting climate change. Save the planet and all the wonderful peoples and animals and plants and trees and landscapes they depend upon. Wishful thinking.

Putin doesn’t actually want to flatten Ukrainian cities.

You’re referencing the American model - flatten the infrastructure, give them a trillion dollars to try to rebuild then abandon and let them rot.

Putin sees himself as rescuing oppressed Russians in Ukraine so it’s not his plan to inflict destruction. Western meddling in Ukraine since 1991 has been aggressive towards Russia and they are calling for regime change now - something they never dared do with Khrushchev.

The sanctions are also more severe than any before, with the exception of those that provoked Japan to declare war with Pearl Harbour. These neocons are pushing for war. Demonising the ‘dictator’ to provoke patriotism is how these shadowy figures always do it.