Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122232425262730 ... LastLast

Thread: Reason No. 398,285 why it's not good to have your club owned by a Petro-Oligarch

Chelsea takeover: Government ministers fear sale of club to Todd Boehly consortium could 'fall apart'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61467164

"Ministers are worried a £4.25bn deal to buy Chelsea may be at risk of "falling apart" due to a lack of consensus with the club over the proceeds of any sale, the BBC has learned.

According to a UK government insider, there is now "alarm" in Whitehall that the takeover of the European champions could be "timed out" if deadlines are not met.

Chelsea have agreed terms on a deal with a private-equity funded consortium led by US investor Todd Boehly, co-owner of the LA Dodgers baseball team.

The club was put up for sale before owner Roman Abramovich was sanctioned for his alleged links to Russian president Vladimir Putin following the invasion of Ukraine.

However a senior Whitehall source revealed there was now "serious concern" that the oligarch was "willing to let Chelsea go under" over an alleged "refusal to agree to a sale structure that gives ministers confidence that proceeds would go to a good cause".

The government version of events was disputed by sources close to Abramovich when approached. Chelsea have also been approached for comment.

Chelsea are operating under a special licence from the UK government which expires on 31 May, and any takeover requires the approval of ministers and the English football authorities."

Mention of Chelsea being kicked out of Premier League and/or Champions League if conditions are not met.

Fucking horrible club.. you can bet 20 years down the line all of their cheating will come to light.. and the FA will act OHH we didnt know it was happening. of course they do. they just fucking dishonest like most match officials
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Fucking horrible club.. you can bet 20 years down the line all of their cheating will come to light.. and the FA will act OHH we didnt know it was happening. of course they do. they just fucking dishonest like most match officials
    I don't know, if anything there seems to be an appetite to let this happen as it's lining pockets. Probably end up being totally corrupt
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

The world relies on the U.S. dollar and U.S. treasuries, giving America unparalleled and outsized economic dominance. Nearly 90% of international currency transactions are in dollars, 60% of foreign exchange reserves are held in dollars and almost 40% of the world’s debt is issued in dollars, even though the U.S. only accounts for around 20% of global GDP. This special status that the dollar enjoys was born in the 1970s through a military pact between America and Saudi Arabia, leading the world to price oil in dollars and stockpile U.S. debt. As we emerge from the 2020 pandemic and financial crisis, American elites continue to enjoy the exorbitant privilege of issuing the ultimate monetary good and numéraire for energy and finance.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/.amp/cul...he-petrodollar

That will give insight into how the dollar and the petrodollar has more and more freedom to do wherever the hell it likes:

The petrodollar is here to stay and it is ever more embedded into our economy.

So then, when you realise that the military industrial complex is so intertwined with Gulf oil and you understand that Britain is all but the de facto 51st state….

You can’t really expect any form of protest from the Uk government - let alone a hapless FA.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/u...e-fund-doubled

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I don't know, if anything there seems to be an appetite to let this happen as it's lining pockets. Probably end up being totally corrupt
    The only way it changes is if we stop being competitive with Man City for a bit and nobody else steps up.

Football is so tribal that a lot of rival fans have the mentality of "anything that stops Liverpool winning" - I remember celebrating the "Agueroooo" goal and there's a part of me that sees the big picture that wishes I hadn't, as that was essentially stemming from a similar mentality - "anyone but Man United".

For anything to be "done" about all this, we probably need to see Man City win the League by 20 points every year for a number of years in a row - then fans of other sides may finally start to go "hold on, the Premier League pRoDuCt is a load of shite right now, what gives?" and start to actually get their thinking caps on about Man City and the like being sponsored by companies that don't really exist.

Nothing will ever change Sid as people/fans dont really care.

There is 14-15 clubs in the league minimum who before a ball is kicked know they not win the league so there will no anger from them.

ESL is here really in all but name the version FSG wanted is better than this version.

My attitude now is I want what is best for us and screw all the others none of em stood by us during Covid its only when the tv money threat was issued they wanted to play ball.

I think though the game needs to be careful as younger people can get bored very easily and seeing the same thing every year isnt a good advert for the game.

You look at France/Germany its basically a race for second which is why they struggle for tv money.

We will get the ESL at some point im 100% convinced it will happen its just when not if.

"To date, anyone that has threatened the status of the Petrodollar, hasn't fared well".

Gadaffi - pushed for an Africa wide gold backed currency to trade for Libya's oil...
    He was killed by a US backed revolution which turned his country into a wasteland.

Saddam took the lead on selling oil for Euros...
    He was killed by an illegal US and lapdog UK invasion - resulting in upwards of 2.4 million Iraqi deaths. 40,000 civilians were killed in the bombardment of Mosul alone!

And anyone with half a brain - knows full well what is going on in Ukraine.

Sadly most of you simply cannot accept the sickening reality.

So we can all talk about corruption and the Arabs or the Russians.... But don't ever for one single second talk about the real cause...

You would make a good history teacher Steveo 🤣

Being serious I think most people know if there are wars/money involved then you can bet 9/10 the USA are involved.

I mean its not a war but that Epstein guy as horrible as he was he was "probably" popped off he had too much information and probably lots of high profile people too 😉