Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 12345678910111454 ... LastLast

Thread: Reason No. 398,285 why it's not good to have your club owned by a Petro-Oligarch

Well,....

Weird weird update on this little story, I suppose.
    Now that Roman's decided to flog off the club, with the biggest surprise being that he claims he's not going to call in the 1.5 Billion loan he's owed by the club and that it won't be a condition for the sale.
    And that he's also donating any net proceeds (aka potential PROFIT) towards the victims of the Ukraine conflict.

So he's effectively walking away from his cash cow and any money he could have made off of it.

Word on the street is that he's having to do this to prevent the BoJo administration from seizing his assets on UK soil - which BoJo is under heavy pressure to do.

So from the looks of all things, it seems like the Chelsea club are on the (FIRE)sale block if any other billionaire out there can stump up a few billion quid from under their sofas.

Still, .....I'll believe it when it actually happens.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Well,....

Now that Roman's decided to flog off the club, with the biggest surprise being that he claims he's not going to call in the 1.5 Billion loan he's owed by the club and that it won't be a condition for the sale.
    And that he's also donating any net proceeds (aka potential PROFIT) towards the victims of the Ukraine conflict.

So he's effectively walking away from his cash cow and any money he could have made off of it.

Word on the street is that he's having to do this to prevent the BoJo administration from seizing his assets on UK soil - which BoJo is under heavy pressure to do.

So from the looks of all things, it seems like the Chelsea club are on the (FIRE)sale block if any other billionaire out there can stump up a few billion quid from under their sofas.

A nice leveraged Glazer style buy out leaving them with even more limited future funds than us and being unable to sustain a squad of so many top players on ridiculous wages would do for me
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Anyone have a fiver on them or something?

I think I could dig up 10 quid if I shake down all my sofas, and we could crowdsource a few bob or little something and put in a cheeky bid.

Maybe Uncle John and Aunt Linda might be nice enough to stump us some little dough to get us started.
    You never know.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Vera Chuck and Dave have a few rubles spare
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

If only the Saudis had invaded Yemen causing a horrific humanitarian disaster lasting many years

Oh wait..

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Well,....

If its sold for 2 billion, wouldn't he make a profit after the purchase price and the loan is written off.
    Looks like he'd get his money back and whatever profit, say 200 milliion, would be donated to whatever charity.

On the grander scheme, the west is in a it of a stalemate. Relatively even balance of holdings between the 2 regions. So stealing Russian investments would just lead to stealing Western investments over there.

China already has its own social media etc to prevent the west from being able to use these services against them. Seems to me the swift system if it becomes involved will essentially hamper the west longer term as China is in a good position with Russia, the other BRICs and other nations to setup an independent mirrored system. Can see the long established saudi backed petro-dollar being put at risk too.

I think he bought it for 140 million from Ken Bates 20 years ago. So if he is asking 3 or 4 billion but will only get maybe 2, he is still making quite a tidy sum. Also I don't think he is walking away from the billion he is owed, I think he is saying it doesn't have to be paid now, as part of the deal, so that it can be facilitated quickly. Gab Marcotti reckons the money he is owed is equal in value to half of his total worth.
    There are all kinds of scenarios. They might get Glazer type nightmare owners. they might get a sugar daddy, they might get some interested state owners coming in, obviously one of the top clubs in the city of london is appealing to lots of potential buyers. They might have to sell off some players (who would we fancy?.) And what about the seemingly hundreds of players they've got out on loan?
    The stadium is falling apart and needs an expensive rebuild.
    Hard to say which way it's going to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    If only the Saudis had invaded Yemen causing a horrific humanitarian disaster lasting many years

Oh wait..
    Yep....
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    A nice leveraged Glazer style buy out leaving them with even more limited future funds than us and being unable to sustain a squad of so many top players on ridiculous wages would do for me
    Their place will be taken by Newcastle
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

What must the Newcastle owners be thinking now about their new toy when it now appears they could have been based in London instead…