Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Inter (Champion's League 2nd leg)

Your team v Inter (Champion's League 2nd leg)

Phew! HUGE win, though too nerve-shredding at the end.

Assuming no injuries/illness -

......................Alisson

Trent......Konate.....Van Dijk....Robertson

.......................Fabinho

...........Henderson...........Keita

.......Salah.........Mane.........Diaz
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I would give Salah a rest
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I would give Salah a rest
    Can understand that view for sure - I'd be inclined to aim to give him 60 as pace will cause Inter problems given that they have to go for it a bit, but won't cry myself to sleep if he's rested.

Was crowded out today to be fair to him - Moyes knew what he was at there, same with the two men on one centre-back thing they were doing on counters.

I expect Matip to have recovered by illness by Tuesday

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Keita

Salah Mane Diaz

I absolutely expect our lads to administer a thorough, hard, deep penetrating bumming, get the win and book our place in the Quarter finals of the Champions League
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Alisson

Trent
    Matip
    VVD
    Robbo

Hendo
    Fab
    Jones (can’t be any more anonymous than Keita)

Mané
    Jota
    Diaz

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

Was crowded out today to be fair to him - Moyes knew what he was at there, same with the two men on one centre-back thing they were doing on counters.
    Need to drop that tactic of almost everything trying to be played through our right and our dropping the width on the left, we fucking helped crowd our own players out today and we've done that in a few games since we started that crap last season

Nothing wrong with trying to build up predominantly on our right if we keep the width on our left and can use our switches to find our players on that side, Diaz and Robbo in space to exploit teams trying to crowd out our right side, as we did incredibly successfully in 19-20 throughout the entire season to win the league title

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Jones (can’t be any more anonymous than Keita)
    I thought Keita was excellent today in the understated sort of way that Wijnaldum or Lucas could often be.

Best thing about Football is that we all see a different picture - makes for great chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I thought Keita was excellent today in the understated sort of way that Wijnaldum or Lucas could often be.

Best thing about Football is that we all see a different picture - makes for great chat.
    He was excellent, I would very much prefer Hendo to be deployed as the midfield controller at LCM or RCM, we did fairly regularly use Gini at LCM or RCM as the controller depending on the opposition teams strengths.

When Thiago isn't fit and available, which sadly is most of the time, the ONLY midfielder we have who can play the medium to longer passes, switches and balls over the top to release our forwards and full backs is Henderson

So in those games it is mind numbingly fucking stupid to have him so advanced and every time we have to go back to No6 or the mid alongside Fab that the midfielder doesn't have the ability to play the necessary quality of those passes, mind numbingly stupid

It would be nice to have Diaz actually playing LFWD and giving us a pertinent threat on our left while also linking brilliantly with Robbo as he started out when he first arrived in future games, it would be nice if he can start racking up the goals and assists now too

EVERYONE trained yesterday according to Jurgen, need to see if there are any reactions, Thiago sounds available if no reaction, Bobby sounds like tomorrow is too early, everyone else if fit and available, which is obviously fantastic news for this game and the challenges ahead.

Doesn't change my line up, we have 5 subs in the Champions League, although at least on raft of subs has to be 3 players or 2 lots of 2 players as you're only allowed to make 3 subs stops. I'd expect Thiago, Jota, Gomez, Konate and a nother to get at least 20 minutes all being well and Hendo, Mane, Trent, Matip and a nother to be subbed

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson

Henderson Fabinho Keita

Salah Mane Diaz

I absolutely expect our lads to administer a thorough, hard, deep penetrating bumming, get the win and book our place in the Quarter finals of the Champions League