Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matip named Premier League player of the month

He's a brilliant player but he was part of a pretty awful back 6 performance. Passing out from the back was abysmal from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    He's a brilliant player but he was part of a pretty awful back 6 performance. Passing out from the back was abysmal from start to finish.
    That can happen in some games and City were as good in their press and counter press without our forwards making runs in behind for an outball as we used to be today

If you watch how we defend, how we have defended since 18-19, we don't dive in and we don't flash a hopeful leg at oppositions shots, we stay on our feet, close the opposition down, keep a good shape so they can't shhot through us and we are severely restricting the area of the goal they have to aim at, making sure we're not unsighting Alisson and pretty much say "Go one beat Alisson from there if you can", Matip's broken the rule on it 3 times this season, flashing a leg when Alisson could see the shot and otherwise had it covered and deflecting it past him

I might me wrong, but I think Matip deflected another Bacon face effort past Alisson earlier in the season, Norwich's opener in the last meeting with them was definitely the other one

Edit: Yep just checked it, he did it for their equaliser in the 2-2 at Anfield - He fucking needs it drilling into him not to fucking do it
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 10th April 2022 at 09:26 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It was poor but they pressed the hell out of us constantly. We hit it long at the wrong times, a few occasions today just needed the ball and danger cleared and we messed about far too much which lead to surrendering possession addthat to the times we gave it up when under no pressure and its a wonder they didn't get a bag full.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    It was poor but they pressed the hell out of us constantly. We hit it long at the wrong times, a few occasions today just needed the ball and danger cleared and we messed about far too much which lead to surrendering possession addthat to the times we gave it up when under no pressure and its a wonder they didn't get a bag full.
    Hopefully we learn from that for the cup final and make sure we have players drilled to be an out ball we can lump it to in such situations, players who have the knack of doing enough to make it difficult for the defender causing them to knock it out of play and get up the pitch

Unfortunately another example of us not playing the percentages well enough, that was all it needed to alleviate pressure on a few occasions today, whack it long to Mane by the touchline, force them to head it out for a throw to us

I still will never ever understand while we're obsessed with trying to out 2019-2020 City when the 2021-2022 City are out 2018-2020 Liverpooling us We won the 2 major pots in those 2 seasons, handing 2019-2020 City their arse that's why they've put so much work into emulating a lot of what we did better than anyone else those seasons while we don't have the mids to out City City playing tappy crappy

Think konate will play in semi and score a thumping header

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Think konate will play in semi and score a thumping header
    I am a massive fan of Konate as is well documented, I think he gets done a little too easy in a certain situation/way at times (just the one), that a few City players use fairly regularly to go past players, so I wouldn't use him in the semi for that reason