Page 1 of 23 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Benfica v Liverpool

Match Thread : Benfica v Liverpool

Alisson
    Trent Konate Van Dijk Robertson
    Thiago Fabinho Keita
    Salah Mane Diaz

Subs: Kelleher, Milner, Firmino, Gomez, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Minamino, Jota, Tsimikas, Matip, Elliott

Let’s not underestimate the opponents today, they are decent, particularly dangerous going forward. You don’t get to this stage of the Champions League without quality in your ranks….. who have Utd got again??

Nice solid start. draw them onto us and then bum them into oblivion
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

A bit disappointing to see one eye on the game on Sunday in the line up when we have four days rest to recover for it, Keita and Thiago have both been fairly decent in the press so far this season, so I hope that continues and that we don't suffer from resting Hendo from the start as we did v Inter, after all the talking up of Thiago that's been going on, he really HAS to deliver tonight in a big way, he simply HAS to step up and deliver that which we expected but has yet to materialise in a single game for Liverpool since his arrival here

Alisson

Thiago Fabinho Keita

Salah Mane Diaz

Massive game for Thiago, time to show us what he gets paid over 200k a week for and not just fancy Dan showboating that amounts to nothing, we need to see some end product tonight

I absolutely expect our lads to administer a hard, deep penetrating bumming, get the win and an absolutely vital lead to take into the second leg at Anfield
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Otamendi and Vertonghen.

Taarabt in midfield.

We should do this. No complacency, no arrogance, but this isn't a close match-up like Cardozo and co when we met in the Europa.

Get it done boys.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Otamendi and Vertonghen.

Taarabt in midfield

We should do this. No complacency, no arrogance, but this isn't a close match-up like Cardozo and co when we met in the Europa.

Get it done boys.
    That is a pretty awful looking CB pairing, even Thiago should be able to muster some end product from his work with that pairing and Taarabt in midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Otamendi and Vertonghen.

Taarabt in midfield.

Get it done boys.
    That’s the key. If we approach this game with the right mindset, we should come out of it fine and dandy. Salah really needs to justify his selection.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Boot Room Boys documentary on BT tonight at 10.30.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Alisson
    Thiago Fabinho Keita
    Salah Mane Diaz

Subs: Kelleher, Milner, Firmino, Gomez, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Minamino, Jota, Tsimikas, Matip, Elliott

Let’s not underestimate the opponents today, they are decent, particularly dangerous going forward. You don’t get to this stage of the Champions League without quality in your ranks….. who have Utd got again??
    Klopps gone with a strong 11, plenty of options on the bench and competition for starts in the first 11.

Is Virgil captaining the side ?

Kick off imminent, come the fucking FUCK on Liverpool, administer the bumming, get the win and a respectable lead to take back to Anfield here tonight

Virgil captains the side 👍