Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Benfica (Champion's League, first leg)

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    The 5 subs rule will change things massively Sid next season. My my! change half your team perhaps at half time food for thought! Perhaps many players have to get used to being substituted. And perhaps rightly so for fitness reasons.
    It gives us options certainly, plus an excuse to grab a 6th high-quality forward. Origi and Minamino are good (and Minamino has contributed big time this season) but I would happily sacrifice both if we got a player of a Diaz/Jota level and give the 7th spot to a youth talent.

Would also help to keep fringe players happy and let those who are stuttering for form get more chances to take - a player like Ox would love more opportunities to showcase what they can do, or a lad like Gomez (good cover for 2 positions) could get enough minutes so as not to push for a move when thinking about selection at international level.

Lots of nuances to it but I am certainly glad of it.

Oxlade's finished, we have 5 much better forwards than him and none of Oxlade, Jones or Elliott are good enough in midfield, Oxlade is beyond help now, Jones and Elliott need loans, look at Gallagher, on loan from Chelsea, outshining all 3 of them week in week out in everything he does in a much lesser side
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    It gives us options certainly, plus an excuse to grab a 6th high-quality forward. Origi and Minamino are good (and Minamino has contributed big time this season) but I would happily sacrifice both if we got a player of a Diaz/Jota level and give the 7th spot to a youth talent.

Would also help to keep fringe players happy and let those who are stuttering for form get more chances to take - a player like Ox would love more opportunities to showcase what they can do, or a lad like Gomez (good cover for 2 positions) could get enough minutes so as not to push for a move when thinking about selection at international level.

Lots of nuances to it but I am certainly glad of it.
    Probably good for all elite players whether they like it or not. Not sure of the long term effect that playing at such an elite level so often for so long may have on their physical and mental health. Loads of dosh for sure but they need to be also sure of enjoying it in later life. Heading ban is coming down the tracks. Love seeing a strong header but at what cost?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Heading ban is coming down the tracks. Love seeing a strong header but at what cost?
    More wokeness, there aren't sufficient number of players affected for people to be making a song and dance about it, rugby players, American football players and players in many other sports suffer more impacts that seriously jolt the head in an uncontrolled way that is far more damaging

Had Salah in my line-up initially but I would be inclined to give him the night off now, or bring him on for 20 minutes in the hope of a confidence-boost of a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    More wokeness, there aren't sufficient number of players affected for people to be making a song and dance about it, rugby players, American football players and players in many other sports suffer more impacts that seriously jolt the head in an uncontrolled way that is far more damaging
    Don't see many old school headers these days. Nar Phillips was a blast from the past. I think players are aware and a little fearful, and rightfully so. Glancing headers are more the norm. 1966 world cup squad has many casualties

The ball was like a block of concrete back then mind.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    The ball was like a block of concrete back then mind.
    Regardless, The fear has set in and the science will increasingly underpin that fear. Used to meet my mate at school to go to the rec about 1/4 mile away. He headed the ball like keepyuppy all the way there I think he would be told off today

People head bang to rock and indie music all the time still and even hip hop bangers like MOPs Ante up, maybe they should outlaw that, and roller coasters, dodgems etc etc etc fucking woke twats, I wish they'd all just fuck the fuck off and when they've dine that, fuck off a little bit further

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    even hip hop bangers like MOPs Ante up
    I remember the first time I saw Bert and Ernie doing Ante Up on YouTube - was deliriously happy!
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay