Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man City

I don't think the front 3 is so easy to predict, which is bloody fantastic btw.

Just need to get that bat-shit-crazy choice of Manc officials into the media debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I don't think the front 3 is so easy to predict, which is bloody fantastic btw.

Just need to get that bat-shit-crazy choice of Manc officials into the media debate.
    it is brilliant there are so many excellent combinations we can all pick as our front three

Re officials, they can only make bad calls if you give them the opportunity to, it's pretty much common knowledge that City already have a 6 point swing courtesy of unexplainably incorrect decisions, that can only be put down to clear and deliberate bias, you can't get the handball calls against Wolves and the bitters wrong with VAR, the rules are clear, where the ball strikes both players is clear. You can't get the Jota non pen v Spurs wrong on VAR, Tierney can get it wrong as ref, but his VAR has no excuse.

It could be that these officials have been selected to somehow try and 'set the record straight' for the ref's association, as in, put in error free non contentious performances, to try and somehow gloss over the fact that one (Taylor) handed City the 18-19 title and the other has a long running history of making plain wrong decisions against us, as if there has never been any bias or errors - I'm very sure they won't give us anything, I'm quite hopeful the idea of their selection is for them not to give City anything either

So, it's over to our lads to administer the bumming, get the win and another absolutely vital 3 points
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

The whoscored preview:

Ederson
    Walker Stones Laporte Cancelo
    Kdb Rodri Gundogan
    Sterling Foden Grealish

Plays

Diaz Mane Salah
    Thiago Fab Keita
    Robbo VVD Matip TAA
    Alisson

Would expect Silva or Mahrez to start myself.
    Same with Hendo or Jota.

They predict 2-2

A last minute winner against them would be as sweet as a nut.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    A last minute winner against them would be as sweet as a nut.
    I want more, 0-2 minimum

Look to be on it from the off and clinical throughout

Whoscored No Hendo Our best and most influential midfielder

Worth remembering that we were missing Trent for the first meeting AND Fab made too horrendous caught in no mans land errors for both their goals, the one where he in his infinite wisdom didn't go to Jesus but decided to back off and back off and back off until he was on the edge of our area and nearly took Virgil out in the same passage of play

This is a game Matip needs to be told in advance not to flash a random leg out at random long shots, make the angle for Alisson, making the goal much smaller for him and let him deal with any shot, Matip's been brilliant but he has deflected 2 efforts past Alisson so far this season breaking this way of dealing such situations all our players including him usually religiously adhere to

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Whoscored No Hendo Our best and most influential midfielder
    He's in my 11,
    The best and most influential 11

You just feel this game really needs Mo to weigh in with a brilliant brace and Diaz to run Walker and Laporte ragged, I'm expecting we might employ the 4312 formation we used a fair amount in the last 10 games of last season

Being incredibly brave, leaving 2 up reverting between being the inside forward and the wide forward, with the 1 all over Rodri, that's an absolutely massive headache for City and how they like to play with the quality of the forwards we have and their movement and runs in behind and a line up in which Hendo, Trent, Virgil, Thiago, Matip or Alisson can release them, or either full back in the blink of an eye in any given passage of play

I absolutely expect our lads to administer a thorough, hard, deep penetrating bumming, get the win and another absolutely vital 3 points to move top of the table with just 7 games left to play

God I hope you are right 19 mate.