Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Man City still under investigation by the Premier League

Spent over 1 billion Euros in transfer fees since Guardiola's arrival, for people who understand how and why certain sides have created such huge worldwide following and therefore generate far more money in sponsorship deals, merchandise, gate receipts, corporates and broadcasting revenue than the vast majority of other clubs it is pertinently obvious that City are NOT the top earning club in world football or anywhere near approaching it and can't possibly be, but for their owners circumventing FFP to put their own money into the club as revealed by Der Speigle, yet UEFA and the Premier League are STILL investigating
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Look at this list, the decades of success, in all the top Leagues and European competitions, having built massive worldwide fanbases, regularly selling out all available seats and tickets and corporate and event boxes for every single game and the footballing world believes these figures are legit?

Come off it Without a billionaire actually putting their own money in through various alleged sponsors and image rights companies, there is simply no possible way on their incredibly limited success that City are possibly ahead of all those world renouned historically top and massive clubs

https://www.consultancy.uk/news/30772/the-30-european-football-clubs-with-the-highest-revenue#:~:text=dreaded%20'noisy%20neighbours.-,',has%20topped%20Deloitte's%20rich%2Dlist.

Same with PSG. Minimal tv revenue in an annual one horse race. No way the have more legit income than we do, no way.
    Chelsea probably won’t be that high in the coming years either … hopefully

I was watching the game last night on low volume as there was a documentary on football and tye super league etc.
    Basically showing how Real are he'll bent on it to retain their status as the worlds glamour club. They are the biggest shithouse club ever, I despise them. No idea why any neutral would have time for them.
    We all hate Utd but they're a different class to those shitcunts.
    That Agnelli at Juve is a full on Fredo Corleone. Didn't realise UEFA president Caeferin is his best pal. Turned his phone off when super league news came out last year.

I found the Ferran Torress transfer too be weird. Man-city bought him for an original fee of 25 million rising to 40 or something along those lines. Yet sold him to Barc for 50 million?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Still not got to a CL final when football has been real.

Last season dont count BCD pile of sh*t suited em last night they cracked not sure how to be honest !

I still think they win the title but they want the CL regardless of what their fans says.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I was watching the game last night on low volume as there was a documentary on football and tye super league etc.
    Basically showing how Real are he'll bent on it to retain their status as the worlds glamour club. They are the biggest shithouse club ever, I despise them. No idea why any neutral would have time for them.
    We all hate Utd but they're a different class to those shitcunts.
    That Agnelli at Juve is a full on Fredo Corleone. Didn't realise UEFA president Caeferin is his best pal. Turned his phone off when super league news came out last year.
    No mention of Real Madrid being subsidised by the Spanish government, mind. Or is that just hearsay?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    No mention of Real Madrid being subsidised by the Spanish government, mind. Or is that just hearsay?
    Never mentioned that. Just said that it was the transfer of Neymar and Mbappe that completely changed everything. From that point on Real and Barca were fucked, not making enough money to compete with PSG,City,Utd and Chelsea and it just proved that the oil clubs could basically do what they wanted.

The super league idea was fitted by Berlosconi over 30 years ago but it got bombed out and then UEFA changed the European Cup to the champions league in 92.

What's the hold up? Look at the top earning clubs list and you must surely understand, with their limited profile compared to the top clubs on the list and never having won a Champions League in their history, let alone several, but for incredible creative accounting City cannot possibly be top of that list or anywhere near it

Contact Der Speigel and get copies of all the relevant evidence and deduct them points retrospectively in all seasons they have been breaking FFP rules, stripping them of any prizes they accumulated through doing so

And while you're at get the police involved in looking for payments to Mike Riley, Tierney, Kavanagh and any others who seem very obviously involved in deliberate attempts at match fixing that only benefit City and look for any offshore money there

I saw Pep said that Liverpool outspent everyone in the 70s and 80s

1975/6
    Bought: £130k
    Sold: £82k
    Profit: -£48k
    Highest Spender: Derby

1976/7
    Bought: £225k
    Sold: £40k
    Profit: -£185k
    Highest Spender: Arsenal

1977/78
    Bought: £1.1m
    Sold: £1.2m
    Profit: +£184k
    Highest Spender: Man Utd

1978/9
    Bought: £493k
    Sold: £272k
    Profit: -£221k
    Highest Spender: Notts Forest

1979/80
    Bought: £275k
    Sold: £112k
    Profit: -£165k
    Highest Spender: Everton

1980/1
    Bought: £1.51m
    Sold: -£42k
    Profit: -£1.45m

1981/2
    Bought: £2.35m
    Sold: £1.45m
    Profit: -£920k
    Highest Spender: Man Utd/Man City(!)

1982/3
    Bought: £530k
    Sold: £709k
    Profit: +£139k
    Highest Spender: Leeds

1983/4
    Bought: £1.5m
    Sold: £0
    Profit: N/A
    Highest Spender: Arsenal

1984/5
    Bought: £1.92m
    Sold: £740k
    Profit: -£1.2m
    Highest Spender: Liverpool

1985/6
    Bought: £450k
    Sold: £0
    Profit: N/A

1986/7
    Bought: £1.5m
    Sold: £5m
    Profit: £3.5m
    Highest Spender: Spurs

1987/8
    Bought: £4m
    Sold: £1m
    Profit: -£3.5m
    Highest Spender: Liverpool

1988/9
    Bought: £3.85m
    Sold: £900k
    Profit: -£2.95m
    Highest Spender: Spurs

1989/90:
    Bought: £800k
    Sold: £1.2m
    Profit: £400k

So, in 15 yrs, we were highest spender twice!

He's a salty little prick and I don't care what anyone says, an already talented baracelona, a one team League with Bayern, and an endless pot of gold with city with us preventing them from making the EPL a one team League. Get the fuck outta here

We won: 4 European Cups, 10 League Titles, 4 League Cups, 4 FA Cups, 1 UEFA Cup, 1 Super Cup in that period