Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your team v Man City (FA Cup)

Your team v Man City (FA Cup)

........................Alisson

Gomez.......Matip.....Van Dijk....Robertson

.......................Henderson

...............Thiago.............Keita

.......Jota.........Firmino.........Diaz

Expect Klopp to pick Trent and Salah of course. I just think Gomez might be a nice balance between attack and defence. Salah for me isn't himself just now and I'd rather bring him on nice and pissed off about not being selected with a fire lit under his arse.

Walker and De Bruyne both subbed off against Atletico, injuries apparently. We'll see.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Let's pick players for a better press and counter press, direct when it's on, winning all the second balls, biggest pain in the arse to play against 19-20 style Liverpool performance, lots of legs and relentless pressing from the front free and runs in behind with and without the ball from Mo and Diaz

Hendo No6 2 No8 controllers, Hendo and Thiago looking to release the front 3 or full backs, the midfield supporting the full backs getting ahead of them. Keita also looking to release players and be the player to drive the ball forward as Gini used to

Alisson

Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson

Thiago Henderson Keita

Bobby

Salah____________Diaz

I expect our lads to administer a thorough, deep, hard and penetrating bumming, get the win and book their spot in their second final of the season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Drop our line 5-10 yards too

I'm probably going to be spectacularly wrong but I've got a feeling we are going to beat them on Saturday and beat them well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Drop our line 5-10 yards too
    We should but I don't see it happening. We are getting caught way too much lately.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'm probably going to be spectacularly wrong but I've got a feeling we are going to beat them on Saturday and beat them well.
    I think most lads on here would happily owe you a pint if that happens!

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    We should but I don't see it happening. We are getting caught way too much lately.
    It's the press and counter press standards having slipped so drastically that's a massive part of the problem too, teams getting opportunities to try and pick out runners with no pressure on the ball - One thing that's fucking it up is players making runs, getting ahead of players before they have to or need to, leaving gaping holes in the middle, that the player they've got ahead of is easily found in if our attack break down

That's why, despite their not being as prolific, I've gone for Bobby and Diaz in my selection for this game, needs legs and the relentless pressing from our front three we used to have, Jota's never been at the level we used to be at, Mane has dropped off that level significantly, in some games, games like when we play City or another top top side, we need that level of pressing and counter pressing of 18-20, we're a 'good enough' football team to beat most sides without having to heavy metal gegen press at full tilt for 90 minutes every game, but not sides like City, got be be right on it, in their faces, never let them get on the ball easy

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It's the press and counter press standards having slipped so drastically that's a massive part of the problem too, teams getting opportunities to try and pick out runners with no pressure on the ball - One thing that's fucking it up is players making runs, getting ahead of players before they have to or need to, leaving gaping holes in the middle, that the player they've got ahead of is easily found in if our attack break down

That's why, despite their not being as prolific, I've gone for Bobby and Diaz in my selection for this game, needs legs and the relentless pressing from our front three we used to have, Jota's never been at the level we used to be at, Mane has dropped off that level significantly, in some games, games like when we play City or another top top side, we need that level of pressing and counter pressing of 18-20, we're a 'good enough' football team to beat most sides without having to heavy metal gegen press at full tilt for 90 minutes every game, but not sides like City, got be be right on it, in their faces, never let them get on the ball easy
    Agreed, we are not pressing as much. Up front the press was not there at the weekend giving their backline plenty of time to pick a pass over the top for runners.
    The press has dropped off from previous years.
    I was worried about that high line at the weekend and we just about got away with it.

Apparently City will be without KBD and Walker. Every little helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Apparently City will be without KBD and Walker. Every little helps.
    Could be a bit of gamesmanship, I don't think with the number of games in such a short space of time and what else it at stake Guardiola will play them if they've had heavy knocks, but I'd approach it and prepare for the eventuality they might, if Walker's out it will be ZInchenko LB and Cancelo RB so the width and link up with Robbo I want on our left and runs from Robbo beyond Keita if we play our best midfield I want, which in turn open up the switches, long diagonals and left to right/centre balls over the top for Trent will be even more in play in my opinion