Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273031323334353637

Thread: Match Thread: Man City v Liverpool

Well, here are accurate player positions from a site that have all the data and analysis tools to have them correct

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12585422/man-city-liverpool-ratings-goalscorers-kevin-de-bruyne-and-gabriel-jesus-impress-for-hosts-but-virgil-van-dijk-keeps-cool-on-big-stage

It shows a very clear midfield 3 in a 433 for Liverpool, not a double pivot and Hendo as a clear RCM controller No8

It shows City with a double pivot and De Bruyne playing a very clear central No10 attacking role in a 4231

It shows what actually happened in the game
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Accurate actual average positions from the season so far

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12573152/man-city-vs-liverpool-pep-guardiola-and-jurgen-klopp-tactics-analysed-ahead-of-title-chasing-showdown

Unsurprisingly, the actual facts don't remotely support CCTV's continual incorrect assertions, whether it's an agenda or a wind up only he knows

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    No, we measure ourselves in the League and CL. So at the start of the season I wouldn't have traded either of those 2 for a cup double.

I'll feel happy enough with a cup double, but that's not necessarily going to offset a league and CL disappointment.

CL can be lost in a few minutes of madness. It's a tough competition to win. I fancy our chances.

Think the PL is a different kettle of fish. Think our lads will be bitterly disappointed if we don't win it.
    People can blow smoke up cities arse all they like but at the end of the day our lads will know they let a league title slip through.

Points dropped from winning positions, and poor results v Chelsea and City leaves us where we are today.
    Needing to beat City over 7 games.

We had the momentum, the squad and manager to muster up one hell of an effort.
    In the end it was a lucky enough draw.
    I know what you mean and you're right. It's just after last season and the summer recruitment I thought the league and CL would be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'm still not convinced Jesus was onside, I have yet to see a proper view of it with the lines, at first glance he looked off to me as Trent's arm was closer to goal, just ahead of Jesus' shoulder/shirt line, but it's the shoulder/shirt line that counts, not the hand or fore arm and that part of Jesus looked closer to goal than Trent's when the ball was played
    Think it was Matip's back heel playing him on.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Out of interest......
    At the start of the season would you have taken a domestic cup double?
    How will you feel if that's actually what happens?
    Absolutely. Still would be chuffed to be honest. The way we have matched City over 4 seasons has been incredible.

More than any trophy, a Klopp contract extension would be the biggest win for me

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Absolutely. Still would be chuffed to be honest. The way we have matched City over 4 seasons has been incredible.

More than any trophy, a Klopp contract extension would be the biggest win for me
    Agree, that would be amazing. I think it'll happen.
    If Pep walks away from City for the Brazil job it gives Kloppa free run without anyone in his way. We would clean up league titles. Big "IF" though for Pep to go.
    As much as I'd hate to see them win the CL it would be worth it if it meant he walks away and Klopp stayed on a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Accurate actual average positions from the season so far

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12573152/man-city-vs-liverpool-pep-guardiola-and-jurgen-klopp-tactics-analysed-ahead-of-title-chasing-showdown

Unsurprisingly, the actual facts don't remotely support CCTV's continual incorrect assertions, whether it's an agenda or a wind up only he knows
    There very little difference between the 2 sets of collated data.

They played 4231 on average positions

We played a 4222 - Mane left of Hendo and Salah to the right of Jota

Unsurprisingly the facts stipulate the same telemetry.

Kdb, Foden, Sterling and Jesus their furthest forward four

Hendo, Mane, Jota and Salah our furthest forward four

One of the above 8 is the odd man out in terms of front 4s.
    One who doesn't have the level of football ability to play in advanced attacking positions to anywhere near the same effect as the other 7, Bobby or Diaz.

The one you believe is our best CDM, playing a 10 role.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree, that would be amazing. I think it'll happen.
    If Pep walks away from City for the Brazil job it gives Kloppa free run without anyone in his way. We would clean up league titles. Big "IF" though for Pep to go.
    Massive "if" indeed.

He'll be on ridiculous wages with Man City and given that there wasn't a massive fan/media/pundit backlash to the £100m purchase of Grealish, they'll be spending big again.

We can talk of Klopp having more chances at trophies if Pep leaves, but the reverse is also true. The Sportswashers will know how exhausting it is for us to keep up (whilst playing fair) and they can just add indefinitely, thanks to having "the best revenue" (even though I have seen one Man City shirt in my life in Northern Ireland) and a "full" stadium every week and so on.

If Pep does leave however, be it Brazil or somewhere else, we should give Klopp as many years as he wants. We can get a 20th and 21st League title, we can get a 7th European Cup (maybe an 8th?) and hopefully an FA Cup somewhere - be comfortably in the lead for total trophy haul, give the V to many of our would-be rivals and keep building.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Massive "if" indeed.

He'll be on ridiculous wages with Man City and given that there wasn't a massive fan/media/pundit backlash to the £100m purchase of Grealish, they'll be spending big again.

We can talk of Klopp having more chances at trophies if Pep leaves, but the reverse is also true. The Sportswashers will know how exhausting it is for us to keep up (whilst playing fair) and they can just add indefinitely, thanks to having "the best revenue" (even though I have seen one Man City shirt in my life in Northern Ireland) and a "full" stadium every week and so on.

If Pep does leave however, be it Brazil or somewhere else, we should give Klopp as many years as he wants. We can get a 20th and 21st League title, we can get a 7th European Cup (maybe an 8th?) and hopefully an FA Cup somewhere - be comfortably in the lead for total trophy haul, give the V to many of our would-be rivals and keep building.
    You're not wrong.
    I just think maybe I'd they did win big ears this season he could go out on a high. Probably would stay on though, it beggars belief they're as good as they are without a top end striker/forward.

Thiago - All coat and no knickers The perfect summary of his time at the club thus far