Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: It's still on

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Just had to beat this Spurs shit bastards and we would now be in control with 2 left.

Yet again the finest of fine margins
    Gerrard likely thinking if we win our remaining 2 games, he's going to have the chance to win a league title for Liverpool all over again and redeem his infamous slip
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

This season we will have competed in the maximum number of games possible 63.
    We have done this previously in 2000/01 when we won a cup treble
    It was surpassed in 1983/04 when we played 67 games in achieving a league ,
    League cup and European cup treble.
    In 1976/77 we played 62 games in achieving a league and European cup double and losing the FA cup final.
    Different substituon rules applied in those seasons which should be taken into account when comparing

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Gerrard likely thinking if we win our remaining 2 games, he's going to have the chance to win a league title for Liverpool all over again and redeem his infamous slip
    I reckon they'll give him a medal if he proves the difference!

Jurgen Klopp has moved to bring a physio back to Liverpool with whom Virgil van Dijk and Mohamed Salah have previously enjoyed a close relationship with.

According to The Athletic, Christopher Rohrbeck's return to Anfield is imminent in a move where Klopp has been the driving force amid his side's push to win the quadruple. The publication adds that Rohrbeck's impending return has been welcomed by the Liverpool squad.

Rohrbeck worked for Liverpool for three years, from 2017 until 2020, with Klopp bringing him in from Mainz where he had worked for 14 years. He left to return to his native Germany but now an Anfield comeback is on the cards.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Jurgen Klopp has moved to bring a physio back to Liverpool with whom Virgil van Dijk and Mohamed Salah have previously enjoyed a close relationship with.

According to The Athletic, Christopher Rohrbeck's return to Anfield is imminent in a move where Klopp has been the driving force amid his side's push to win the quadruple. The publication adds that Rohrbeck's impending return has been welcomed by the Liverpool squad.

Rohrbeck worked for Liverpool for three years, from 2017 until 2020, with Klopp bringing him in from Mainz where he had worked for 14 years. He left to return to his native Germany but now an Anfield comeback is on the cards.
    Can he play RW?
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

There a few scenarios
    Man city are 4 points ahead with +7 gd and have scored +7
    Man city 1 game to play
    Liverpool 2 games to play

Man city win and they win the title.
    Man city draw and we win next two games we win the title.

Man city draw and we win one game and draw the other then man city win the title.

Man city lose and we win next two games we win the title.

Man city lose and we win one game and draw the other then we tie and it comes down to goal difference and if that is the same then the more goals scored.
    If this last scenario occurs then we probably need to win by at least 6 clear goals in the game we win.
    Please correct me if I am wrong!
    Shame on those last 2 teams playing man city for leaking so many goals.
    They were not relegation fodder

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Can he play RW?
    lets hope not, will mean hes not doing his job because theres way to many injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    There a few scenarios
    Man city are 4 points ahead with +7 gd and have scored +7
    Man city 1 game to play
    Liverpool 2 games to play

Man city win and they win the title.
    Man city draw and we win next two games we win the title.

Man city draw and we win one game and draw the other then man city win the title.

Man city lose and we win next two games we win the title.

Man city lose and we win one game and draw the other then we tie and it comes down to goal difference and if that is the same then the more goals scored.
    If this last scenario occurs then we probably need to win by at least 6 clear goals in the game we win.
    Please correct me if I am wrong!
    Shame on those last 2 teams playing man city for leaking so many goals.
    They were not relegation fodder
    Simple we win both games and they don't win on Sunday. wont happen though.. Villa will end up getting trapped in their own half and be tied down like most teams.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Simple we win both games and they don't win on Sunday. wont happen though.. Villa will end up getting trapped in their own half and be tied down like most teams.
    It's certainly a huge test of Gerrard's managerial ability, a manager who has designs on becoming our manager one day, and a test he needs to pass

He has everything at his disposal to get heat maps and average player position maps and footage to look at how Southampton and Palace contained and frustrated City and took points off them

He can easily do what Palace did, his chances are actually better as Fernandinho who is comfortably their slowest CB option will be playing RCB, so he can play 4231 like Palace, with a high block, also blocking the centre and any pockets, making them pass it wide, with players able to quickly double up on the recipient and work on players to be quickly available to let them get out and quickly play out, or go long with backspin down the line or diagonal for Watkins, just drop the ball over Fernandinho's head, with backspin so it holds up for Watkins to race onto and it being too far for Ederson to come out to time and time again

First and foremost, our lads need to do the business against Southampton tomorrow night, it is still absolutely criminal that they SHOULD by all rights be playing to win the league or leave themselves needing just a point in their final game v Wolves in the Southampton game

Take the two unquestionably wrong decisions on the handballs in City's 2 1-0's and the Jota non pen v Spurs we're 2 points clear ahead of the Southampton game

Just count only the 2 handball 1-0's and we're level on points ahead of the Southampton game

Count only the non handball no penalty decision v the bitters and we're 2 points behind and a win would put us 1 point ahead

Whichever way you look at it, when this season is concluded, Mike Riley's, Paul Tierney's and Chris Kavanagh's positions need to urgently be called under consideration and into question and the entirety of our media needs to fiercely make the point that we can no longer have future VAR decisions that are so obviously wrong the only possible perception of them is that they are deliberately bias whether that is institutional bias or a paid for bias is then a question that investigation, preferably police investigation, determine the potential outcome of what will no doubt be many future seasons of such close title races with such incredibly small margins