Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: It's still on

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

Whichever way you look at it, when this season is concluded, Mike Riley's, Paul Tierney's and Chris Kavanagh's positions need to urgently be called under consideration and into question and the entirety of our media needs to fiercely make the point that we can no longer have future VAR decisions that are so obviously wrong the only possible perception of them is that they are deliberately bias whether that is institutional bias or a paid for bias is then a question that investigation, preferably police investigation, determine the potential outcome of what will no doubt be many future seasons of such close title races with such incredibly small margins
    how can this eventuality possibly come about?
    after watching "the rise and fall of the European Super League" I became aware that there is in fact a Supporters' organisation - could this body be contacted and asked to investigate/act?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    how can this eventuality possibly come about?
    after watching "the rise and fall of the European Super League" I became aware that there is in fact a Supporters' organisation - could this body be contacted and asked to investigate/act?
    Media pressure, mountains of media pressure, if you take just the one penalty not given to the bitters that Riley apologised for admitting it was a plain wrong decision, a win v Southampton would put us a point ahead - Riley having admitted that is was a completely unexplainable error, if we win our next 2 games, no-one can dispute we are the rightful Premier League Champions, which if we do that and aren't, makes a complete mockery of an entire 38 game Premier League season

Edit: That would leave the only out for the Premier League and refs association to make sure we win both our games and they lose or draw at the Eithad, or for the Premier League to swiftly conclude their investigation into City fiddling FFP and docking them points

The reality is, it is actually a 6 point swing, including the non pen v Spurs and Tierney was involved in 2 of them and has a long history of wrong decisions in games involving us he's officiated and a win v Southampton should see us crowned Champions
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 16th May 2022 at 07:59 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Just looking at the table. Got to say it's been a fairly competitive league this year. Us and city. Then Chelsea spurs arsenal vying for top 4. The mancs competing with west ham for Europa spots ;-). All good.

It's STILL ON! ! !

The League should be in the bag right now, 6 points swing, Jota non pen (Tierney) v Spurs 91 points for us, City 1-0 win non pen for handball v the bitters (Tierney AGAIN and Kavanagh AGAIN on VAR) 88 points to City, City 1-0 City pen for non handball v Wolves (Moss ref Marriner AGAIN on VAR) 86 points to City

We need to do our job and Stevie, Coooouuuuuuttttttiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnhhhhhooooooo , Ingsy and the officials and refs association need to do everything they possibly can to make sure the outcome of their game is the right one, as otherwise they will have made a complete and utter farce of a 38 game Premier League season and made as big a farce of it as the final raceday of last seasons F1

Unbelievable season

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Unbelievable season
    Absolutely - it astounds me that we can still see room for improvement - we are something else.

Unreal. So glad it's going to the final day of the season. And hopefully, just hopefully, there will be Red ribbons on the PL trophy Sunday evening. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

What a squad though, not just 13 or 14, there were 9 changes tonight and we absolutely dominated, 71% possession and 25 attempts to 4, away from home in the Prem.

Don't think I can name a better season in my life time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Don't think I can name a better season in my life time.
    The quadruple must be completed