Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: It's still on

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I agree with CCTV i did see Henderson press the ball at times even closing down their keeper.. He did play furthest forward of our midfielders. and since your 3rd midfielder can be considered a number 10.. so yes he did play that role in parts of the game.
    Being a more attacking No8 detailed to play a very specific tactical plan, to stop City playing their triangles by pressing high with the forwards and even pressing their keeper at times as you describe is not playing as a 10

Playing in a free role, without specific defensive and positions instructions being allowed to roam where you like the entire length and bredth of the pitch looking to find pockets of space is a No10 role
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It's hard not to think back to 18/19 given the 1-point gap frustration. None of Company, Aguero or David Silva are there this time around to provide a key goal or assist so am still hoping they'll stutter somewhere.

Just hope us or Atletico can do something to instigate a blip.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He isn't a fucking 10, just as Elliott isn't a 10 when he plays our more attacking RCM role, just as Keita isn't if he plays it, just as Jones or Oxlade aren't if they play it - They are operating as a more attacking No8 not a fucking 10 for FUCKS sake

HOW HOW HOW do you not understand that? We played for several seasons now with what I describe as a lopsided midfield 3 in a 433

LCM No8 controller No6DM RCM No8 Attacking mid

That's it, they have been our midfield 3 positions for oh, only 5 years, the variation being that in games like yesterdays against City we quite frequently played

LCM No8 Controller No6 DM RCM No8 Controller

Surely you must undertsand this at least? we've only been doing it 5 or more years
    Watch the game. First half hendo is not in a rcm position for most of the half.
    Rarely developing play at the back in midfield, latest back to defend persistently.
    Through the first half he is missing from our back 6 (a back 4 and 2 6s).
    Second half he is even more obviously playing a 10 role.

In 433 he'd be playing rcm. He didn't play in that position, or in that system.

The average position collates data to generate an average position for each player.
    Take it up with the computers you believe have failed your autistic gifts. But you've failed on counting goals before so I'll stick with the computers and my eye.

City were a smidge braver in how they setup. Going for an actual 10 KdB operating in a similar space to Sterling.
    This gave our 2 6s a lot of problems.

Hendo in contrast and Jota had more space between them and rarely doubled up on their 2 6s.

In terms of a task KDB and Sterling as a 9 & 10 pose a lot more problems than Jota and Hendo.
    Jota let down by hendos lack of quality to play a 10 role like, Kdb, Firmimo or even Diaz.

There was a lot of symmetry between the 2 setups until you get to KdB v Hendo as the 10s.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Let's just keep enjoying it and going for it, frustrating today, but no reason we can't win all our remaining games and learn a lesson from today in how we set up for the Cup Semi final on Saturday, the 4312 should do the trick
    i know you like to get the pom poms and cheerleading costume out but you’re smoking crack boy.

no way they are dropping a single point. after 18/19, i aint gonna even bother wishing some loser team does us a favour. it’s over.

the chance was yesterday and if some so called best player in the world who wants £500k a week turned up, we could have done it. yet again, another big game, he goes missing.

sadio’s pissed all over him when it matters this year.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Watch the game.
    I've watched the game, I've watch it three times, I've also watched a number of full 90 minutes of games City have played, so I know how they play, I know all about the best way to stop them doing that and how other teams have done it successfully and as a consequence of that, I know exactly why Hendo was instructed to play as he did and where he did as a No8

I wouldn't even say for the purposes he was deployed there that he was even an attacking No8 in retrospect, his role was more that of a No8 controller, to stop City playing those triangles while all their other players are continually making runs looking to be released or found in space

You don't have to be deeper lying to be a controller, the controller role is to control an area to stop the other team being able to play in it as they usually would or like to
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by boom-klopp View Post
    no way they are dropping a single point.
    Good to have you back, boom-klopp. It's been a while since anything went wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Good to have you back, boom-klopp. It's been a while since anything went wrong
    Yeah he wont appear if we manage to win the league or champions league
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Yeah he wont appear if we manage to win the league or champions league
    He will! Not sure about Boom-Klopp but do not think he is a man man

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    He will! Not sure about Boom-Klopp but do not think he is a man man
    I was mentioning boooomer
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

What a game that was though.