Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: It's still on

Quote Originally Posted by TorresGoalGoal View Post
    What a game that was though.
    Like 2 heavyweights trying there best. Next game needs a little more subtlety . Football is not boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I was mentioning boooomer
    or maybe it’s justme being a twat?

Quote Originally Posted by boom-klopp View Post
    or maybe it’s justme being a twat?
    Justme is no twat. Time to come clean Boom-Klopp - who do you support?

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    It was Baconface who was motm playing as a No10 in a free role across the entire width and bredth of the pitch, you know, the role and freedoms of movement to go and try and be an attacking force you associate with a No10, we did have 2 midfielders sitting, but neither seemed interested in ever trying to pick him up
    It was Virgil motm for me. Looked like he was back to his imperious best.
    Of course you can have your own opinion.

Man city drop a few points when least expected.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Man city drop a few points when least expected.
    They've got to play a few opponents that have the type of players who can hurt them

Pace in behind
    Runs off the back of Walker in particular
    Press their main triangle of the 2 CB's and Rodri

Have a flat midfield 3 with the player either side looking to break wide to support if/when their 3 pressing win the ball

Or a midfield 4 for 2 mids and 2 wing backs in a 343 with either wing back looking to quickly offer width

I think we over did it and over thought it considerably

A flat 3 of 2 No8 controllers one No6

Either full back or LCM or RCM controller looking to be released, in space, switches being the best means of doing it, releasing the full back making a run beyond the controller their side has worked well for us v City or to support quickly with our front 3 pressing Rodri and their 2 CBs and our LCM or RCM also looking to drive forward when we win it creating a 4 v 3 against Rodri and their 2 CBs

That's how best to do it from the games I have seen other clubs make a far better effort at it than we did yesterday and without the same quality we possess either
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Our whole midfield was comfortably bested yesterday. None of em stood out. City have been comfortably better than us in 1v1 games for a few years now. Not like it’s a new thing. I feel the high line against players of their organisation and ability is just futile especially away from home. Drop 5 yards and most of those chances are nullified and we have the defenders to stop them 1 on 1 further up the pitch. They are too good to be playing in the halfway line against. But look. We live to fight another day.
    Have to agree, our high line let Jizzfest in behind us, in dangerous positions, time after time.
    There must be a way to nullify this - I don't know the answer but hopefully Jürgen and the coaches will find a way.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Our whole midfield was comfortably bested yesterday. None of em stood out. City have been comfortably better than us in 1v1 games for a few years now. Not like it’s a new thing. I feel the high line against players of their organisation and ability is just futile especially away from home. Drop 5 yards and most of those chances are nullified and we have the defenders to stop them 1 on 1 further up the pitch. They are too good to be playing in the halfway line against. But look. We live to fight another day.
    Just drop the line 5-10 yards, play the 2 No8 controllers and No6 we always used to for games against them, have our 3 forwards in a 1-2 pressing their main triangle of their 2 Cbs and Rodri, look to win it and release our forwards or either full back making an unchecked run beyond our LCM or RCM, just as we used to

Play Diaz on the left so we have some width on both sides when we win it

It's still on

It's still on and Mane and Bobby are both about to hit some incredible form at No9