Page 1 of 108 123456781151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Football News

Football News

Thought I’d start a thread for general news around the game as though 19 did, I didn’t think Dyche’s sacking warrants a thread of it own but is worth posting.

Also this morning, the Ricketts Consortium has withdrawn it’s bid to buy Chelsea.
    Thought they were favourites to take over. Going to be very interesting who takes that club. Whoever takes it needs to be subject to rigorous scrutiny as part of a “fit and proper person’s” examination.

Though a nice fat brown envelope or two will probably sort that ….
    "I am the Normal One."

The GravelBerk sacking is ridiculous, sadly they have safeguarded Chelsea in not allowing any leveraged buy out bidders to progress, although, whoever buys Chelsea, I just don't see them being able to continue to operate the club in terms of wages and transfer fees as it operated under Abramovich, I think they will make the club live within its means, those means including director and stake holder dividend payments each year, so I forsee a situations when they have to move on a few higher paid players to keep the ones they think are best and bring back a lot of their successful loanees to make up their squad
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

No one wants rickets (excuse the pun)... has for Dyche i bet he was sacked after a massive argument.. he can't help himself
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I guess Klopp is now the premier league’s longest serving manager. I can’t think of anyone else.

I’m guessing Burnley will be on the phone to fat Sam.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I guess Klopp is now the premier league’s longest serving manager. I can’t think of anyone else.

I’m guessing Burnley will be on the phone to fat Sam.
    Now he just has to extend his contract for a few years and stop going the Wenger too tappy crappy route, as that doesn't lead anywhere good

[QUOTE=Nineteenx;2749597]Now he just has to extend his contract for a few years and stop going the Wenger too tappy crappy route, as that doesn't lead anywhere good [/QUOT long ball
    But attimes we are long ball

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    But at times we are long ball
    Front to back, medium to long, long diagonals over the top, switches, short balls in and around the area, it's not about the short ball or the long ball, it's about the right ball - And as we have developed and built our success, mixing it up, the switches and medium to long balls, being more direct are still our most productive

I think the press and counter press isn't as good as it was, I don't think it's been integrated as part of the tappy crappy development, making it easier for teams to counter on us and meaning we don't win the ball high up as frequently or as many second balls as we used to

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Front to back, medium to long, long diagonals over the top, switches, short balls in and around the area, it's not about the short ball or the long ball, it's about the right ball - And as we have developed and built our success, mixing it up, the switches and medium to long balls, being more direct are still our most productive

I think the press and counter press isn't as good as it was, I don't think it's been integrated as part of the tappy crappy development, making it easier for teams to counter on us and meaning we don't win the ball high up as frequently or as many second balls as we used to
    But we are doing very well

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    But we are doing very well
    We are, but we could be doing better, for a lot of opposition we can get away with Fab, get away with not playing a 3 in midfield, but it being more of a 2 1 with Fab being the one sitting deeper not really contributing to the press, for games like City, Chelsea and other top sides we need the definite 3 in midfield and our 18-20 level of pressing and counter pressing that comes with it, as such games this season have demonstrated, both legs v Inter and Benfica demonstrated it also

That's why to me the press and counter press and our positioning and our ability to be direct and our remaining, or as it is now, getting back to being the best at those things is so important

When we tried our 'doing well' style against a City side whose 'doing well' style is better than ours, they handed us our ass using our 18-20 style they've worked harder than ever (something we used to do) to be able to emulate and even improve upon

So to me, it matters

Marvellous… the FA never fail to disappoint. Craig Pawson, who put on a woeful display earlier in the season for our visit to West Ham, has been given the FA Cup Final.
    Pawson allowed a foul on Alisson for West Ham’s opener then failed to send off Cresswell for an awful challenge on Jordan Henderson.

We always seem to get the dickheads with an agenda for the big games.