Page 11 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617182161 ... LastLast

Thread: Football News

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    The £80million Anfield Road redevelopment is on budget and on track for completion in time for the start of the 2023-24 season. An extra 7,000 seats will boost capacity of Liverpool’s stadium to around 61,000. The club are open to the idea of selling naming rights to the stand (not the stadium itself) if the right offer is forthcoming.

“It’s certainly something that we will consider,” says Hogan. “We didn’t for the Main Stand; we may for Anfield Road. We wouldn’t say no to it but it’s not something we’re actively pursuing currently.”
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Arteta is training the Arsenal squad while he plays the kop singing You'll never Walk alone over the sound system because he was so overwhelmed by the effect the kop had on the players at anfield.
    Here's the link (don't know how to embed.) I mean this is crazy, don't think the Arsenal players loved it to be honest.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy0-Stbe-fI

That's a big big chunk of respect for Liverpool FC and it's a really novel idea too. He's willing to try and experiment to gain that little bit extra, an edge. That's cool, and I respect Mikel Arteta for it.

Yes I suppose you're right.
    Some stadiums just have zero atmosphere, and the Emirates is one of those, although West Ham's must be the worst in the prem. But Arteta played at everton, which has great fan atmosphere and can really be rocking.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    That's a big big chunk of respect for Liverpool FC and it's a really novel idea too. He's willing to try and experiment to gain that little bit extra, an edge. That's cool, and I respect Mikel Arteta for it.
    Ditto.

Don't mind Managers trying things a little "outside the box" - some will inevitably fall flat but if you stick strictly to textbook you'll not make much of an impression on a player.

Personally?

I think he’s losing it.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Personally?

I think he’s losing it.
    I was thinking the same. At least get a Arsenal song blurring out, not a Liverpool one.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Personally?

I think he’s losing it.
    Time will tell - they've gotten most of the overpaid lads out and the average age of the squad is the youngest in the League - if he can get the core of that group of lads on board and if Jesus can take them up one more notch they could potentially reach a stage where they are in the Champion's League again and continue to integrate the right mould of player.

They do need one of Spurs or Chelsea to slip a little bit to break in, but it's possible.

Thankfully, we don't have any spy on the wall cameras around our club. Just not required and makes players more annoyed at what transpired. Just let sleeping dogs lie.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Arteta is training the Arsenal squad while he plays the kop singing You'll never Walk alone over the sound system because he was so overwhelmed by the effect the kop had on the players at anfield.
    Here's the link (don't know how to embed.) I mean this is crazy, don't think the Arsenal players loved it to be honest.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy0-Stbe-fI
    I'm liking him more, day by day...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62396949