Page 12 of 115 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415161718192262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Football News

@pedro_morata

"With the first two levers activated by
    @FCBarcelona, the economic control of
    @LaLiga will account for 517 million, not 667 that the club anticipated.

There is a gap of 150 million euros.

@FCBarcelona cannot register all his players, not even after activating the third lever.

Barça needs some more movement to solve the situation."

Barcelona seemingly running into difficulties with their plan. Gavi is the only one I would want but they'd be mad to allow someone like him to move - Aubameyang the sort you feel might get pushed out.

There has to be a willing buyer though and that will govern who they sell.

You can see why they are so desperate to sell De Jong

Pep Lijnders has a new book out called Intensity. I don't really know anything about it. It is part coaching manual and part diary i think. Is it actually out? Anyone on here read it?

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Pep Lijnders has a new book out called Intensity. I don't really know anything about it. It is part coaching manual and part diary i think. Is it actually out? Anyone on here read it?
    Haven't kept close tabs on a release date but there has been promotion of it for a few weeks now and I am keen to buy - might save it for nearer Christmas as I like having stuff for winter nights like PlayStation games or books.

I wasn't going to watch it but had a spare half hour and decided to dip into the Arsenal documentary about last season. Pretty shocking. The culture at the club. The David Brent like quality of Arteta. The whole mood around the staff and in the changing room is so poor. We are so lucky to have the fantastic environment for fans, staff and players at Liverpool. This is maybe the best time ever to be a Liverpool fan. I know we won league after league in the 80s but the atmosphere in our club now from top to bottom is extraordinary.
    I am also really glad that Jurgen said absolutely no to a similar planned documentary about Liverpool. They are just always toe-curlingly bad. Whose interests does it serve to have such an intrusive thing? People still joking about Brendan's envelopes.

I can’t bear to watch those things, farid. No way I was watching the Brendan one.

Did it look like Arteta was out of his depth? Or is it just general cringe?

I had the feeling that Arteta is probably a good tactician but here he feels obliged to be a kind of motivational inspirational man manager and it comes across as phoney. I don't think the players buy into it at all. Probably he is trying to emulate Guardiola.
    I think the recruitment at Liverpool puts a lot of emphasis on the personality and mentality of players coming in. You see that with people like Thiago or Alisson. And of course the already established ones like Jordan and Milner.
    When new players come in they see how supportive and positive the atmosphere is in the group and then they buy into it too.

Definitely

What platform is the Arteta shit show on Farid? Could do with a laugh.

It’s on Amazon