Page 13 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3678910111213141516171819202363 ... LastLast

Thread: Football News

Cheers Taksin

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Cheers Taksin
    Let me know what you think. I’m sat behind the couch with a hand covering my eyes

On episode 3 and they are preparing to get murdered by us

Enjoying it because Arsenal are a completely neutral club to me, so I can watch it objectively. Quite a good insight into what goes on behind the scenes.

Manchester City explore options to expand North Stand of the Etihad Stadium -
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62428580

Now. In all seriousness. Who the Hell for? Empty seats are visible all the time! Is this so they can claim they generate their own revenue and thus aren't in breach of any regulations? I am absolutely bewildered that they think they need a bigger capacity given that they often have to cover up sections with a big blue flag to disguise empty seats.

Absolutely laughable

Liverpool will hold a training camp in Dubai during the World Cup for the players not taking part in the tournament in Qatar so that they are prepared for a “sprint” finish to the season.

A camp in Cape Town, South Africa, was considered but Liverpool have opted for Dubai in part due to its proximity to Qatar, which will allow players to easily join up with their team-mates when knocked out of the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Manchester City explore options to expand North Stand of the Etihad Stadium -
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62428580

Now. In all seriousness. Who the Hell for? Empty seats are visible all the time! Is this so they can claim they generate their own revenue and thus aren't in breach of any regulations? I am absolutely bewildered that they think they need a bigger capacity given that they often have to cover up sections with a big blue flag to disguise empty seats.
    Its probably so they can sell the naming rights.. It'll be called the money laundering stand
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Its probably so they can sell the naming rights.. It'll be called the money laundering stand

Good one!

It's mental that they will likely have a few thousand more empty seats but will no doubt claim they "sell out every week" to dodge FFP.

That or they're convinced they can attract a load of Man United supporters who are so sick of a lack of recent success that they'll make the sky blue leap - which isn't beyond some of them, anyone-but-Liverpool and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

Good one!

It's mental that they will likely have a few thousand more empty seats but will no doubt claim they "sell out every week" to dodge FFP.

That or they're convinced they can attract a load of Man United supporters who are so sick of a lack of recent success that they'll make the sky blue leap - which isn't beyond some of them, anyone-but-Liverpool and all that.
    Are you saying some people who follow football are glory hunters?
    Wow. Didn't see that one coming!
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Are you saying some people who follow football are glory hunters?
    Wow. Didn't see that one coming!
    Whilst I know it's a terribly common thing I can't relate to it. Seems very odd.

Watching some of the matches under Hodgson was utterly dire but nobody here jumped ship.