Page 66 of 136 FirstFirst ... 165659606162636465666768697071727376116 ... LastLast

Thread: Football News

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Premier League are recommending a 12 pt deduction for Everton.
    Is that for one financial breach?

Just wondering - a 1,380 point deduction for Man City with their 115 charges would be nice and all that.

If there's any season where Everton could probably cope with a 12-point deduction, it's this one.

Sides like Luton, Burnley, Sheffield United and Bournemouth aren't showing much - I don't think any of them have registered 2 wins or more - as poor as Everton are they could potentially sneak survival in the last 5-10 games of the season if those around them maintain such a poor capacity to get wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

Just wondering - a 1,380 point deduction for Man City with their 115 charges would be nice and all that.
    what year do you think that might happen
    (any penalty I mean)?

Yes. its over the financial breach which Everton strongly reject.It is also the largest point deduction for any team to date.
    If applied they would move to the bottom on -5 which as you later pointed out isn't too too bad in this season.
    Last edited by fagin; 25th October 2023 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    what year do you think that might happen
    (any penalty I mean)?
    Don't think it will happen. If it does it will be long after the fact. Like 2030 or something daft.

Don't think it will happen. If it does it will be long after the fact. Like 2030 or something daft.
    Just my opinion but i would hope people have more going on in their lives, than to worry or obsess over whether they will or won't.
    Myself i just enjoy watching whichever 2 teams of 22 players are fielded on whatever device i have for watching,without getting too wrapped up in who the owners are or what they're doing.
    Life's just too short for anything else.jmo.
    Last edited by fagin; 25th October 2023 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Just my opinion but i would hope people have more going on in their lives, than to worry or obsess over whether they will or won't.
    Myself i just enjoy watching whichever 2 teams of 22 players are fielded on whatever device i have for watching,without getting too wrapped up in who the owners are or what they're doing.
    Life's just too short for anything else.jmo.
    I get were you're coming from. But when your sat in Anfield on the last game of the season going for the league ,which I've been a few times over the last few years. It's a kick in the balls losing out when the team that's won it has done so by cheating over a long period years to build a brilliant team.
    It's just not a level playing field, like going into a boxing match with a arm tied behind your back.

there are financial rules set down by the FA..otherwise whats the point? its gotten to the point where teams in the lower leagues are going to the wall. because they cant afford to pay players wages. simply for the reasons the top teams are paying extortionate amount in wages. so to keep up with the market they have to put themselves in debt.. where as Man City have been fiddling the books for at least 15 years.
    You either have rules to follow or you don't you can't have 1/2 teams doing what the hell they want.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

If true (reported by TalkSport) one has to wonder where Utd find the balls.As reported Utd are considering offering DeGea a short term contract to return,but only supposedly as cover for when Onana leaves for Afcon.

Liverpool wouldn't "fall off a cliff" if Mohamed Salah decided to leave the club at the end of the season, according to West Ham striker Michail Antonio.

Why is this wanker obsessed with us?
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.