Page 67 of 136 FirstFirst ... 175760616263646566676869707172737477117 ... LastLast

Thread: Football News

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Liverpool wouldn't "fall off a cliff" if Mohamed Salah decided to leave the club at the end of the season, according to West Ham striker Michail Antonio.

Why is this wanker obsessed with us?
    Maybe he's a member of the Queer brigade and is experiencing a man?woman? queer? crush.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Just my opinion but i would hope people have more going on in their lives, than to worry or obsess over whether they will or won't.
    In the grand scheme of my life it doesn't exactly dominate my thoughts - I do however think about it at relevant times, brief as those thoughts are.

Unless something comes out of the woodwork years from now about us cheating using PEDs or something, we have won 3 League titles on merit in recent years. To only have one due to cheating and corruption is a frustration that rears it's head from time to time, such as when we see Man City lauded as "the best ever" for a Treble won through illegitimate means or for glancing at the record books and seeing that they have the joint-most number of League Cups historically.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    In the grand scheme of my life it doesn't exactly dominate my thoughts - I do however think about it at relevant times, brief as those thoughts are.

Unless something comes out of the woodwork years from now about us cheating using PEDs or something, we have won 3 League titles on merit in recent years. To only have one due to cheating and corruption is a frustration that rears it's head from time to time, such as when we see Man City lauded as "the best ever" for a Treble won through illegitimate means or for glancing at the record books and seeing that they have the joint-most number of League Cups historically.
    I fully understand your sentiment but i was unaware that they had been Proven guilty of cheating and corruption.

I fully understand your sentiment but i was unaware that they had been Proven guilty of cheating and corruption.
    I'm at work, extremely unwell and have spoken at length about Man City multiple times over the years, so will keep this brief.

Do you think Man City would have hired Lord Pannick as their defence lawyer - a man who charges £10,000 per hour - if they were innocent?

Found this very moving

Surprise Surprise we have another 12:30 kick off away to Palace at the start of December.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Found this very moving
    The song is always moving, even more so when in the context of something bigger than football.

I see Braverman has been suggesting that waving the Palestinian flag a criminal offence.

Football could have got itself into a bit of a mess with allowing some flags and political gestures but not others.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I'm at work, extremely unwell and have spoken at length about Man City multiple times over the years, so will keep this brief.

Do you think Man City would have hired Lord Pannick as their defence lawyer - a man who charges £10,000 per hour - if they were innocent?
    Sorry,i personally haven't followed it like yourself and others to the degree you have.Also hope you're feeling better now !

With regards to the Lawyer, i had never heard of him or his fees but when an organization makes claims against a club as has been done in an over the top way imo.He's needed.
    It comes across as throwing as much shit against the wall as possible hoping against hope something will stick.
    Therefore hiring the lawyer as such is the best move for everyone concerned.
    In today's crooked and corrupt society where we are seeing 10,15,20 and 30year sentences for crimes being exonerated,i would want that Lawyer at 10,000ph.But i can't obviously afford him,most big clubs including City can.
    I also understand,could be wrong that most of the said claims are from the Mancini era which is going back some time so i wonder what has taken them this long to make those claims IF they have undoubtable substance.
    Last edited by fagin; 26th October 2023 at 08:49 PM.

Sorry,i personally haven't followed it like yourself and others to the degree you have.Also hope you're feeling better now !

With regards to the Lawyer, i had never heard of him or his fees but when an organization makes claims against a club as has been done in an over the top way imo.He's needed.
    It comes across as throwing as much shit against the wall as possible hoping against hope something will stick.
    Therefore hiring the lawyer as such is the best move for everyone concerned.
    In today's crooked and corrupt society where we are seeing 10,15,20 and 30year sentences for crimes being exonerated,i would want that Lawyer at 10,000ph.But i can't obviously afford him,most big clubs including City can.
    I also understand,could be wrong that most of the said claims are from the Mancini era which is going back some time so i wonder what has taken them this long to make those claims IF they have undoubtable substance.
    I also hope you are feeling better Sid.
    As for Fagin…..why are you posting on a subject , a major one , when you clearly ,for whatever reason have chosen not to follow the facts.
    City were fined for breaches, the fines were in the millions. They escaped further fines because FIFA were out of time in bringing charges ( ( ??) They also have been accused of failing to supply required documentation to support their position. ……..
    That’s why they need a top barrister , because they have, and are hiding damning evidence.
    The Mancini/ Pep payments whilst massive are peanuts to what they have done to massage the books.
    Perhaps you could spend a little of your time in basic research.

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    I also hope you are feeling better Sid.
    As for Fagin…..why are you posting on a subject , a major one , when you clearly ,for whatever reason have chosen not to follow the facts.
    City were fined for breaches, the fines were in the millions. They escaped further fines because FIFA were out of time in bringing charges ( ( ??) They also have been accused of failing to supply required documentation to support their position. ……..
    That’s why they need a top barrister , because they have, and are hiding damning evidence.
    The Mancini/ Pep payments whilst massive are peanuts to what they have done to massage the books.
    Perhaps you could spend a little of your time in basic research.
    What a way to try to inflict YOUR opinion on a member !!!
    Nothing you have said in your little rant did i not already know, from my obviously less than basic research.
    The only part i was unaware of, was your opinion..... "because they have,and are hiding damning evidence",that's some statement from someone who knows no more than anyone else.
    Obviously you ,were having yourself a bad day too,but no need to try to take it out on me.
    Every member has a right to voice their own opinions,that is the purpose of this site,i believe.
    Last edited by fagin; 27th October 2023 at 03:32 AM.