Thread: Fury vs whyte

Fury vs whyte

What a mismatch ! Whyte didn't belong in the ring with FURY from that performance tonight.

I missed it, as I was replying to the idiot

I saw the knockout, I stopped following boxing as I used to after Tyson, he was awesome first time around before he got the wrong people around him and stopped training and preparing properly
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

So disappointed with Whyte, I thought he'd have offered more. Poor fight ended by the only decent punch.
    Fury is levels above the rest. No doubt.

Iron Mike was 5ft 11 in and 100kg and unified all boxing at age 22. Tyson furey is 6ft 9in and weighs so much more like double sometimes. He is a freak and a ballet dancer to boot. Why would anyone want to get in the ring with him! Don't like boxing by the way. Ridiculous brutal sport

I loved Iron Mike, which was weird for me as I love technique and tactical aspects of everything, loved Sugar Ray Leonard, Hearns, Hagler etc and middleweight was generally my favourite weight class to watch for that reason, but Iron Mike, I just loved the sheer brutality of the guy, no fucking about or poncing around with niceties, just stalking his opponents relentlessly looking to knock their block off

Watched the Fury v Wilder 3 highlights earlier, never watched them, epic fight, a classic, some fucking chin on both of them, how Wilder stood up and kept going for so long I don't know

Shame their chins go over time, once they've been knocked out or decked with a huge shot 4 or 5 times, they never seem the same again

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Watched the Fury v Wilder 3 highlights earlier, never watched them, epic fight, a classic, some fucking chin on both of them, how Wilder stood up and kept going for so long I don't know

Shame their chins go over time, once they've been knocked out or decked with a huge shot 4 or 5 times, they never seem the same again
    No wonder! No surprise there! Brutal sport!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    So disappointed with Whyte, I thought he'd have offered more. Poor fight ended by the only decent punch.
    Fury is levels above the rest. No doubt.
    1st few rounds adopting a South paw stance which isn't something he is used to. I blame his trainers for that.

Fury is a giant, has fast fists, and no one can reach him. As 19 mentioned, iron Mike had no fear. For me, Mike TYSON is the all time greatest boxer that I have ever witnessed in my lifetime. Shame those around him, couldn't keep him grounded to prevent smearing his career.

Now, he's an advocate for psychedelics and owns his own "medicinal" cannabis company.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    1st few rounds adopting a South paw stance which isn't something he is used to. I blame his trainers for that.

Fury is a giant, has fast fists, and no one can reach him. As 19 mentioned, iron Mike had no fear. For me, Mike TYSON is the all time greatest boxer that I have ever witnessed in my lifetime. Shame those around him, couldn't keep him grounded to prevent smearing his career.

Now, he's an advocate for psychedelics and owns his own "medicinal" cannabis company.
    Just thugs for me. Don't understand the love

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Just thugs for me. Don't understand the love
    Much better than UFC to be honest. Never got my head around that at all. You knock someone out and you're still allowed to pummel their heads in whilst unconscious. That's a barbaric sport, if we can even call it one.

Trash talking aside, there's some rules in boxing which are supposed to be followed. The introduction of the Marquees Queensbury rules helped making it less violent.