Page 10 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161720 ... LastLast

Thread: The other CL semifinal

Quote Originally Posted by jinky View Post
    Perfect result. Tough remaining fixture.
    Madrid name is on this cup. I think our best chance is to not face RM, if we get there of course
    I think we can take this Real side.

This is nowhere near the quality or class of the side that beat us a couple of years ago.

They're lacking a Ronaldo in his prime, and a Bale in (almost) his prime, while we're a significantly more improved side than the one they beat - starting with the man between the posts.

It will just depend on how clinical we can be in front of goal, because there will be chances to be had wit this real team as we all saw tonight, of which City should have capitalized on and put this tie to bed.

Their wingers might be a problem - particularly Vinicius' flank, from which there's the danger he could royally skin Trent, if Trent has one of his (bad) 'Trent' games.

But overall I think we have more quality and experience to handle them than we did back them.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Let's beat Villareal tomorrow night first eh?
    I'd love a controlled game. Hardly any fuss, no injuries, win 2-0 on the night, move forward.

Unfortunately think it will be nothing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I think we can take this Real side.
    But for the insane injury list I think we should have been taking them last season.

Going up against them with the centre-back pairing we had (with all respect to their efforts) put us at a disadvantage right from the off.

Hope we get the chance to avenge it.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    But for the insane injury list I think we should have been taking them last season.

Going up against them with the centre-back pairing we had (with all respect to their efforts) put us at a disadvantage right from the off.

Me too.
    If we get there, we've fucking got their number. We owe the arrogant bastards big time.

By my recollection it was a flaccid keita & floppy finishing that cost us between the 2 legs last year..

I did say “if” and only mentioned it because this thread is about City & Real.
    Taking absolutely nothing for granted

Sounds like city were by far the better team ?
    Unable to put the tie to bed ?

I'd love a controlled game. Hardly any fuss, no injuries, win 2-0 on the night, move forward.

Unfortunately think it will be nothing like that.
    Yup. I would love a nice uneventful 2-0. Unfortunately, we do tend to make things a lot more entertaining than they need to be.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I did say “if” and only mentioned it because this thread is about City & Real.
    Taking absolutely nothing for granted
    If you're in any way superstitious, please direct some 'verbal abuse' towards Sid until the end of the season

@Sid I'll find you