Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 343738394041424344

Thread: The other CL semifinal

@Crimson.
    Yep, he needs to button it.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    @Crimson.
    Yep, he needs to button it.
    I seen the interview after the match and he was very honest when asked who he preferred.
    Nothing wrong with IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I seen the interview after the match and he was very honest when asked who he preferred.
    Nothing wrong with IMO.
    The after the match antics are a bit premature. "We have a score to settle" isn't really something I'd be saying as it may quickly bite you in the arse.

Well worked for Trent when he said about City being shite in the Champions League

It might work out well for us, they might pay him far too much attention to let Diaz and/or Mane in
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    The after the match antics are a bit premature. "We have a score to settle" isn't really something I'd be saying as it may quickly bite you in the arse.
    Also,....
    It's not about YOU.....Mo.
    ..and your personal score to settle
    (Sergio Ramos isn't even with Madrid anymore. He'll be in the stands so in a way that score is already 'settled').

It's about Liverpool FC, - the club you continue to refuse to sign an extension for, because apparently we're too "small-time" for you - and what we're trying to do out there and it's not to settle personally scores and get payback for grudges.

I'd be less miffed about all this if his form was better than it currently is, but he's the last person on that team that should be making those sorts of declaration until he pulls his socks up.

And that's the other thing.
    When players do that sort of thing, you sort of unnecessarily pile on needless pressure on your teammates to back up your claim for you
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Does anyone have a 'World's Tiniest Violin' lying around somewhere that they can spare?

I know someone in the Manchester area that could use it right about now......

"Pep Guardiola on Man City's Champions League nightmare: 'Maybe I'm not good enough' to win trophy at club"
    https://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-city-engman_city/story/4659069/pep-guardiola-on-man-citys-champions-league-nightmare-maybe-im-not-good-enough-to-win-trophy-at-club

There there, Pep...
    Don't be so hard on yourself.

Maybe it's your (club) owners that aren't good enough.
    (....like some smart guy once said)
    Them and their stingy penny-pinching ways and refusing to splunk another half billion quid for you to spend on a groundskeeper or ballboy.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    I'd be less miffed about all this if his form was better than it currently is
    He's been racking up the assists and chipping in with goals, not prolific in his goalscoring right now, but he's been racking up at least an assist nearly every game in the last few

Last 5 games P5 Goals 2 Assists 4 - Not the worst form by any stretch of the imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He's been racking up the assists and chipping in with goals, not prolific in his goalscoring right now, but he's been racking up at least an assist nearly every game in the last few

Last 5 games P5 Goals 2 Assists 4 - Not the worst form by any stretch of the imagination
    And how many waste chances, misplayed passes and failed one-on-one's with opposition goalies, in that same period?

How many times when he's tried to force the issue with bad-decision-making, to try get his form back while leaving an open Jota, Mane, or Diaz or (insert-open-teammate-with-a-better-chance-here).

It looks nice when you leave out the other part.

Also, great of you to clarify that those two goals in that period were courtesy of fortuitous deflections on the defender defending him without which the ball was likely headed out or getting saved.
    Stone-Cold Savage!

He's there saving our asses when no one else is scoring......maybe he's not as selfish as we all like to think???????

Hopefully he leaves Kroos out, as I don't think he can afford Kroos' lack of legs in the middle v City and leaves out Rodrygo too and plays Asensio or another attacking mid at RWFD dropping off their FB a little looking to pick the ball up in the half spaces and feed Benzema or Vinicius
    He did exactly that and brought Valverde in there to bolster their legs in midfield and feed Benzema and Vinicius and it did for City and us