Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: The other CL semifinal

Perfect result. Tough remaining fixture.
    Madrid name is on this cup. I think our best chance is to not face RM, if we get there of course

I guess they will take that as a win. Good game to watch. We also have such games in our wardrobe Good recent results for us both offensively and defensively. Need to keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Real Madrid have a 15-point League in La Liga, with 5 matches left.

One point wins them the League. They can rest everyone at the weekend.

Man City are still a bloody good side going to the Bernabeu with an advantage, but they have nothing like the luxury Real do in terms of the rotation side of things.

Will Real have enough?
    Need to look at their line up, Casemiro to come back in for Kroos or Valverde, Rodrygo was piss poor in tonight's game so that needs looking at, need to watch the quick start by City and stop them playing their triangle to rest before going again
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Cracking game of football that. Thoroughly enjoyable. City must be very disappointed after a good start. It’s a shame the away goals rule isn’t there anymore; that would make it very interesting.

I have to confess one point in the first half I said it was a shame we couldn’t control games like city do.

That said, I think I prefer the way city defend. Imagine Trent and our high line against Vinicius.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Good result that adds pressure to Man-city with only 1 goal in the tie..
    Really good result, Real play on Saturday Guardiola over thinker is certain to watch how many they rest, hopefully all of them, prompting Guardiola to rest a few too many himself v Leeds and have an unfortunate slip up

Edit: Maybe City's game being on the Sunday and an early evening kick off might just work out in our favour Justme

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Really result, Real play on Saturday Guardiola over thinker is certain to watch how many they rest, hopefully all of them, prompting Guardiola to rest a few too many himself v Leeds and have an unfortunate slip up
    Leeds need to start with an high tempo and control the game.. Hopefully it will shatter them physically
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

We were caught out with our high line against City in the first half. We dropped off 5-10 yards in the second and we were much better.
    We must play like that for 90 minutes if we get to the final against either of these two teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I’m gong for 1-1 tonight
    Much as I suspected…

Glad they had an emotional rollercoaster. Here’s to a massive, soul-testing fight in Spain

Could go to extra time and pens, leading to their ultimate demise.
    Tiredness could then start to creep in with the disappointment.

Here’s hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    We were caught out with our high line against City in the first half. We dropped off 5-10 yards in the second and we were much better.
    We must play like that for 90 minutes if we get to the final against either of these two teams.
    Let's beat Villareal tomorrow night first eh? We struggled to break down a piss poor bitters outfit looking to defend deep and break at the weekend, Villareal are vastly superior at doing that