Page 1 of 23 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Women's football/sport AGAIN

Women's football/sport AGAIN

Sky prattling on about the increase in viewing figures over the last year

Well, if you do blanket coverage, like putting it on all 3 football channels, instead of purchasing the rights to other European Leagues a lot of people who follow the mens games would much prefer to watch so they can catch games of other mens Champions League teams in their domestic leagues and people are channel hopping looking for a game to watch, they might just watch the WSL because you're not giving them a bloody choice or value for money for their subscription fees

Fucking sick and tired of fucking wokeness and Sky and other broadcasters taking the absolute piss and trying to ram women's sports down our throats, go out and spend some of our considerable subscription fees on purchasing the rights to La Liga or the Bundesliga and show us more games of that. You don't have the mens Champions League football anymore and your fees have gone up despite that and many subscribers purely doing so solely to watch the live games of their mens team.

It wasn't until the 90's we had regular match coverage as we have now on the TV, It wasn't until recently, the last 10 years we had anywhere near as many games of coverage on TV, the women's game exists and is funded as it is because it is funded by the incredible revenue the mens game generates for the top clubs to reinvest in it.

Over 100 years of men playing the game for shit wages and endorsements, matchgoers only, barely and rarely any TV coverage and for wokeness the women's game doesn't have to grow itself organically and work as hard to create an audience for itself of suffer for their sport as many in the mens game did for a century, they want, in fact DEMAND, it is all handed to them on a plate

Wokeness gone mental demanding unequal equality looking for free hand outs yet again - I absolutely EXPECT Sky to get the rights to La Liga or the Bundesliga to show regular games at the next round of tendering. I'm sick to death of broadcasters taking the absolute piss, ripping off millions of fans who subscribe solely to watch their mens team to invest in other sports and flood the channels with things wokeness or they dictate we should watch instead of giving us more of what we actually want
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Sky prattling on about the increase in viewing figures over the last year

Well, if you do blanket coverage, like putting it on all 3 football channels, instead of purchasing the rights to other European Leagues a lot of people who follow the mens games would much prefer to watch so they can catch games of other mens Champions League teams in their domestic leagues and people are channel hopping looking for a game to watch, they might just watch the WSL because you're not giving them a bloody choice or value for money for their subscription fees

Fucking sick and tired of fucking wokeness and Sky and other broadcasters taking the absolute piss and trying to ram women's sports down our throats, go out and spend some of our considerable subscription fees on purchasing the rights to La Liga or the Bundesliga and show us more games of that. You don't have the mens Champions League football anymore and your fees have gone up despite that and many subscribers purely doing so solely to watch the live games of their mens team.

It wasn't until the 90's we had regular match coverage as we have now on the TV, It wasn't until recently, the last 10 years we had anywhere near as many games of coverage on TV, the women's game exists and is funded as it is because it is funded by the incredible revenue the mens game generates for the top clubs to reinvest in it.

Over 100 years of men playing the game for shit wages and endorsements, matchgoers only, barely and rarely any TV coverage and for wokeness the women's game doesn't have to grow itself organically and work as hard to create an audience for itself of suffer for their sport as many in the mens game did for a century, they want, in fact DEMAND, it is all handed to them on a plate

Wokeness gone mental demanding unequal equality looking for free hand outs yet again - I absolutely EXPECT Sky to get the rights to La Liga or the Bundesliga to show regular games at the next round of tendering. I'm sick to death of broadcasters taking the absolute piss, ripping off millions of fans who subscribe solely to watch their mens team to invest in other sports and flood the channels with things wokeness or they dictate we should watch instead of giving us more of what we actually want
    Tennis is a prime example of this. A lot of people calling for Women to get the same earnings as men after they win a tournament. I'm all for it, just make sure they play a best of 5 set match than best of 3.

Woke people should just go back to sleep and save us all the shithousery they come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Tennis is a prime example of this. A lot of people calling for Women to get the same earnings as men after they win a tournament. I'm all for it, just make sure they play a best of 5 set match than best of 3.

Woke people should just go back to sleep and save us all the shithousery they come up with.
    Female commentators, pundits? Every programme now has them. Fine if they have knowledge. Some just give inane input.

If a male pundit with zero experience at the the top level was there he would be slated.

This thread is relevant (on a slight tangent) to my interests.

A Rollerblader turned up at a Quad skating competition in the States during the week. He had a pair of Quads on.

He absolutely tore the course a new one and did tricks that, until now, haven't really happened in Quad skating.

Quad skating is a primarily female/LGBT activity and apparently their were fears the Quad community would be unhappy about "one of their own" not winning the competition - so they gave him second place, to someone who performed vastly inferior tricks.

The memes it's kicking up (niche as it may be) are Gold.

You'd think they'd be happy with their current privileges in Western society.

Quote Originally Posted by Red October View Post
    Female commentators, pundits? Every programme now has them. Fine if they have knowledge. Some just give inane input.

If a male pundit with zero experience at the the top level was there he would be slated.
    Just there to fill a quota Red. Some are decent to be fair, others are there just to show "equality"

The majority of male pundits know fuck all anyway. Micah Richards, Garth "crooks" Alan fucking shearer. I miss the good old days of Alan Hansen, biased? Maybe, but he knew his shit

Apparently they removed the women / mens parkour divisions so they had to compete against each other, which meant the women got knocked out early (and those who enjoy women's parkour were also denied seeing their favourites progress)..

The thing that bothers me is the assumption that women's football is held back by oppression from male dominated patriarchy and all that. It means the women get uppety about equality and being allowed to play and equal pay etc.. imagine if the top women's footballer claimed she should be paid what Salah is paid.

That view is so historically stupid it bores me senseless. Women were tied up with child bearing in the era that football originated in. It wasn't men than made women have children.

Now they are free to do what they want. They can set up their own clubs if they wish. Nothing stopping them. Other than the fact that women's football isn't very good and also there aren't hoards of marauding women looking to get pissed and sing songs at the match to relieve the misery of working down the pits or in factories, at the docks or in the respite from war.

But they can't set up their own clubs. They have to be parasitical to the men's clubs, which are historical and established. Liverpool women get to assume some of the glamour of Anfield which was hard earned by men and use the facilities and all the infrastructure, marketing and indeed finances.

Lucky them, but let's have a little less of the oppression talk. This is something they have been gifted out of kindness. They aren't oppressed. And they will never be equal, in terms of footballing ability, unfortunately

Cannot stand this sort of positive discrimination nonsense.
    Women commentating on men’s football is just wrong, it sounds like a 14 year old boy.

You don’t get lower league players/ex players commenting on Premier League because their knowledge/experience is not relevant. Conversely you will always get Championship players/ex players being pundits for Championship football because their knowledge and experience is relevant.
    So why is there a woman commenting on almost every top flight men’s game these days?? They have never played at that level. When asked what the manager will be saying to his team at half time, their answer should be..”I have no clue whatsoever, I have never been in a Men’s Premier League dressing room at half time.”

It’s absolute nonsense. Let them stick to being pundits for the women’s game ffs.
    May as well just get someone in off the street.

And don’t get me on the equal pay malarkey.
    When your game generates the same revenues, you’ll get the same pay.
    So that’ll be the twelfth of never then…

Agree with pretty much all the comments here.
    I love the way sky ram.it down our throats trying to make it look like it's actually relavant and people give a fuck.
    It's fucking shit and that's not sexist its just truthful. Id rather watch Scottish football and that is bad.

The pay argument is literally like a Hollyoaks actor demanding the same money as Robert De Niro.
    Last edited by teesred; 5th May 2022 at 02:00 PM.