Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: Women's football/sport AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I did not think that Russia could stage a good world cup but they did. I think the Qatar world cup could be amazing. Best to wait till after. Curious politics admittedly.
    I dont need to wait for Qatar its going to ruin the PL for 6 weeks that is enough to know and I not be watching it either.

Take the politics out of it the place just isnt suitable in terms of dealing with large numbers, hotels etc.

My point really is about how "footy" people kicked off at ESL when UEFA/FIFA have done this and came up with wildcard CL solution which is a backdoor ESL in many ways it is all cos their nose got pushed out.

Add the two clowns slaughtering Henry/Glazers but funny enough both didnt mind their bank accounts being filled up by them did they ?!

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    The biggest issue like 19 says is the money fand are charged.

It was better when Sky had the lot as soon as BT got some PL and all the European stuff its two fees you have to pay.

I would prefer just one tv company but not sure it is allowed now ?

Ideally you should be able to just watch who you like I mean its not like we are sat at home and Anfield has thousands of seats spare, it is very very hard to get tickets and I think we and other big clubs fans get a raw deal abit on that front.

Of course streams are everyones friend but im sure people know what im saying.
    I'm looking at investing in a Internet based digital box. Totally "legitimate" costs £300, then 50 yearly. Shows every game you cab think of alongside other entertainment channels that makes the sky box look like an ugly paper weight.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    I'm looking at investing in a Internet based digital box. Totally "legitimate" costs £300, then 50 yearly. Shows every game you cab think of alongside other entertainment channels that makes the sky box look like an ugly paper weight.
    Dont blame you DOC these companies have got too greedy and people will look elsewhere either stream, IPTV or pub !

When they first came out 30 years ago Sky was cutting edge I guess but now like you say dont give value for money.

They are going to lose lots of fees this year as well with cost of living going up so be interesting to see what happens with them.

The standard's absolutely terrible, they're waxing lyrical on SSN about Chelsea's Sam Kerr putting the ball into an empty net with the filthy's useless goalkeeper on walkabout like it was something miraculous and a goal of the season contender, so embarrassing
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The standard's absolutely terrible, they're waxing lyrical on SSN about Chelsea's Sam Kerr putting the ball into an empty net with the filthy's useless goalkeeper on walkabout like it was something miraculous and a goal of the season contender, so embarrassing
    just watched the Womens FA Cup Final highlights, and the standard of goalkeeping for the first two goals of the game was embarrassing.

Female referees to officiate at men's World Cup for first time in Qatar

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61508814

AND..

A new equal-pay agreement between the United States men's and women's teams has been hailed as potentially "changing the game around the world".
    US Soccer has announced the teams will pool their World Cup prize money, along with their share of television and sponsorship revenues.
    "These agreements have changed the game forever in the United States," said US Soccer president Cindy Parlow Cone.
    "They have the potential to change the game around the world."
    Women's squad players filed a discrimination lawsuit in 2019 and a settlement, which included a $24m (£17.7m) payout, was reached on that earlier this year. US Soccer said the new agreement was "a necessary and critical step to resolution".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61492703

Two-time United States World Cup winner Alex Morgan called the agreement as a "historic" moment.:

"Equal pay for equal work with US Soccer ✅
    Such a historic moment for this team, so proud of all the work put in to make this happen."

FFS

Couldn't give a shit about womens football... I wish they made a new skysports page for it though so I stop seeing "insert club here chases" or about transfers etc, been a few times Liverpool Womens FC have signed someone, and obviously just 2nd name, i've been like who??

Oh ffs womens shite again
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

So they’re going to take the mens money and give it to the women. That’s fair

To be fair the women's game is far bigger than the men's in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    To be fair the women's game is far bigger than the men's in the US.
    the women's team could possibly spank the pants off the men's team (in the good old USA)