Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Women's football/sport AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Why do you presume it's about promoting equality ?
    Probably a fairly lazy lumping in (on my part) due to the types that always go to these things.

Always the dyed blue hair, nose-ring crowd who talk about "da Patriarchy" etc a lot. Have met a few of them when out and about and listening to some of the stuff they come off with is wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Probably a fairly lazy lumping in (on my part) due to the types that always go to these things.

Always the dyed blue hair, nose-ring crowd who talk about "da Patriarchy" etc a lot. Have met a few of them when out and about and listening to some of the stuff they come off with is wild.
    It sounds wild as it's largely just bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    It sounds wild as it's largely just bullshit.
    You're not wrong.

I've had someone tell me I was "propagating heteronormative rape culture" - my crime was that I held the door open for them.

My lad got it both barrels the other night from my daughter after mentioning that his school girls team had come second in an athletics tournament. Apparently he can’t call them a girls team. It’s sexist and wrong…?!

I shit you not.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    You're not wrong.

I've had someone tell me I was "propagating heteronormative rape culture" - my crime was that I held the door open for them.
    Sexist pig. Imagine if you'd let the door swing and hit them in the face.
    We can't fucking win, can we?
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Sexist pig. Imagine if you'd let the door swing and hit them in the face.
    We can't fucking win, can we?
    At a push I can understand a fairly independent lass maybe rolling their eyes at the gesture, but to give someone verbal about it as if I was some some sort of registered offender was just downright weird.

Thankfully most women aren't like that, but the loud minority is definitely growing.

They'll always have some looney interest as well, like telling me "you're not having success because Mercury is smoking a spliff and Jupiter's Moon is rising" to which my response generally is something to the effect of "nah, Planet Earth is definitely where the problems are...." - there's definitely a "type" that I just try not to engage with under any circumstance, though I'll always aim to be civil if I find myself stuck.

England 1-0 Austria

My first and probably my last, 90 minutes of women’s football. All topped off with the ubiquitous and ever tedious Sweet Caroline at the end.

Utterly turgid tripe.

They should genuinely get Coogan to do Partridge with Side Kick Simon back in the studio… it would be a riot and people might actually watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    England 1-0 Austria

My first and probably my last, 90 minutes of women’s football. All topped off with the ubiquitous and ever tedious Sweet Caroline at the end.

Utterly turgid tripe.
    Rather you than me!