Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131617181920212223

Thread: Women's football/sport AGAIN

How about we just pick players on their footballing merits rather than their skin colour? Wouldn't that be a novel idea...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    How about we just pick players on their footballing merits rather than their skin colour? Wouldn't that be a novel idea...
    It would be a great start. Take everyone who qualifies to play for England as per the rules, then let the manager pick who they like for the squad and team. Seems pretty simple, a merit based system.

The article looks at a lack of British Asian Women, not playing football. No representation. With some reasons pointed to, perhaps, religion, education, families.

To me it is wild how the mens side can be far more multicultural than demography, but a slight underrepresentation of bames in women's football is a crisis.

Like the Japanese nation is fairly homogenous.
    They have started bringing in foreign players to their rugby league for the last rwc they hosted.

The Japanese people are not exactly a great match with the game based on natural physique.

But they've turned up at world cups and competed to the best of their ability and had a fair few decent scalps.

I absolutely love seeing their effort. Their innovation. Their focusing on skills that prevent them say having a knock on more than most to avoid a scrum, or avoid a line-out as they aren't naturally very tall. They compensate, and mitigate against their natural disadvantage.
    A team like munster who beat the all blacks before Ireland, made it an absolute brawl i believe as they tried to make the game suit their strengths.

That's the joy of sport for me, seeing the naturally gifted hit the absolute peaks. Seeing the less naturally gifted give their absolute best.

This is my favourite kind of women's sport, I think there's something for everyone in this one, around 2m 50 will likely peak even Steveo's interest

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”