Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: Women's football/sport AGAIN

Ha! Just switched it back to see the score.
    England 6-0 Norway after 41 minutes

Norway number eight in the world and one of the tournament favourites… apparently

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Walked into the lounge, tv on, no one in here, not an unusual event, England women are on.

First thing I see is an England player go to cross the ball with her right but kicks it with her left first and the ball goes 90 degrees from where she is aiming to hit it.

Just about stopped laughing and wiped the tears from my eyes when another England player gets the ball in the box, she is slightly touched …and I mean slightly.. she thinks about it then decides to throw herself to the ground in an absolutely outrageous dive.
    Hilarious.
    Not for the opposition though it’s given. Penalty scored.
    Two minutes later England score again but the assistant rules it out for offside but the ball is cut back from virtually on the bye line … can’ t be??
    VAR corrects the mistake
    England 2-0 Norway

It’s like watching 12 year old school kids being refereed by teachers.
    At least they are diving cheats like the men

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Walked into the lounge, tv on, no one in here, not an unusual event, England women are on.

First thing I see is an England player go to cross the ball with her right but kicks it with her left first and the ball goes 90 degrees from where she is aiming to hit it.

Just about stopped laughing and wiped the tears from my eyes when another England player gets the ball in the box, she is slightly touched …and I mean slightly.. she thinks about it then decides to throw herself to the ground in an absolutely outrageous dive.
    Hilarious.
    Not for the opposition though it’s given. Penalty scored.
    Two minutes later England score again but the assistant rules it out for offside but the ball is cut back from virtually on the bye line … can’t be??
    VAR corrects the mistake
    England 2-0 Norway

It’s like watching 12 year old school kids being refereed by teachers.
    Never mind, not long to go until the end of the tournament.
    BBC Sport website are tossing themselves silly over the women's Euros.
    God, I despair.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    BBC Sport website are tossing themselves silly over the women's Euros.
    God, I despair.
    It's wild that if you said this on Twitter or wherever it would likely be flagged as "sexist abuse" - I'm call for cutting out genuine dickheadery but the World feels so alien to me at times.

And me

Me too

It's not a total shock englands women beat norway 8-0

1) Norway isn't exactly known for being a football country, Haaland aside
    2) England seem to care the most about womens football suddenly, and always have been a big football nation even if we do win jack shit
    3) The heat must of been horrible playing in it, I doubt norway players are use to the tempature, and i'm pretty sure they don't go on warm weather training like mens do sometimes, I may be wrong..
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Anyone on here been watching the Women's Euros?
    Can't be arsed myself - goalkeeping standards are an absolute joke.
    I've taken a brief look at some of the one or two minute snippets on the BBC sport website but it only reinforces what piss-poor quality there is in the women's game.
    Are they aspiring to reach the levels of the men's game, or content with being parisites?
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Honestly, i have no issue with women's sport. Tennis etc can be OK sometimes and I'm happy to have it on even though I'm not paying 100% attention.
    But they should be lambasting other women for not supporting them, not the rest of the world.

My mrs doesn't like watching women's sports but generally happy watching mens tennis, footy if I am.
    In general I feel as many if not more males still watch women's sport than females, especially say, tennis.
    So, fix that first then ask for equal money and other benefits.

Also, it's coming home.

Quote Originally Posted by toshin View Post
    Honestly, i have no issue with women's sport. Tennis etc can be OK sometimes and I'm happy to have it on even though I'm not paying 100% attention.
    But they should be lambasting other women for not supporting them, not the rest of the world.

My mrs doesn't like watching women's sports but generally happy watching mens tennis, footy if I am.
    In general I feel as many if not more males still watch women's sport than females, especially say, tennis.
    So, fix that first then ask for equal money and other benefits.

Also, it's coming home.
    How about beach volleyball or waterpolo?