Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Women's football/sport AGAIN

When are the packages up for bidding again?
    Is it every couple of years?
    I can see Sky bring pushed out more, won't be long before DAZN move in. They've already taken the best boxing fights off sky and sime boxers are moving more towards short term deals which basically sees them controlling their own careers.

If it wasn't for premier league football Sky would be fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    When are the packages up for bidding again?
    Is it every couple of years?
    I can see Sky bring pushed out more, won't be long before DAZN move in. They've already taken the best boxing fights off sky and sime boxers are moving more towards short term deals which basically sees them controlling their own careers.
    The biggest issue like 19 says is the money fand are charged.

It was better when Sky had the lot as soon as BT got some PL and all the European stuff its two fees you have to pay.

I would prefer just one tv company but not sure it is allowed now ?

Ideally you should be able to just watch who you like I mean its not like we are sat at home and Anfield has thousands of seats spare, it is very very hard to get tickets and I think we and other big clubs fans get a raw deal abit on that front.

Of course streams are everyones friend but im sure people know what im saying.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post

It was better when Sky had the lot as soon as BT got some PL and all the European stuff its two fees you have to pay.

Ideally you should be able to just watch who you like I mean its not like we are sat at home and Anfield has thousands of seats spare, it is very very hard to get tickets and I think we and other big clubs fans get a raw deal abit on that front.

Agree fully. It's currently harder than it's ever been to get tickets for games now, there used to be a few supporters buses around my way but not now.
    I have 3 kids and my partner has a son too so getting 6 tickets is just not realistic at all even in the ticket scheme. Its a total lottery and some people have been in it for years snd not got one.
    Are you in it?
    One of my best pals has been in Utds for 4 years and not had one ticket for a league game.
    There might be a fairer way of managing it but not sure how.

Agree fully. It's currently harder than it's ever been to get tickets for games now, there used to be a few supporters buses around my way but not now.
    I have 3 kids and my partner has a son too so getting 6 tickets is just not realistic at all even in the ticket scheme. Its a total lottery and some people have been in it for years snd not got one.
    Are you in it?
    One of my best pals has been in Utds for 4 years and not had one ticket for a league game.
    There might be a fairer way of managing it but not sure how.
    I used to be in it and got tickets in the past but im not now mate.

I guess its not easy for the club to manage in what is fair and what isnt.

Im sure you are aware that some have ST's or lots of credits on membership cards which means they get first dibs and if they cant make the game sell the ticket on so they get the credits etc.

You can get lucky but now you need to make sure on sales your finger is ready to keep pressing F5 and see if you get in and its alot of time which most dont have !!

I used to be in it and got tickets in the past but im not now mate.

I guess its not easy for the club to manage in what is fair and what isnt.

Im sure you are aware that some have ST's or lots of credits on membership cards which means they get first dibs and if they cant make the game sell the ticket on so they get the credits etc.

You can get lucky but now you need to make sure on sales your finger is ready to keep pressing F5 and see if you get in and its alot of time which most dont have !!
    An old school pal of mine offered me a similar final ticket but it was a week before and would have meant time off work and going alone so I didn't take him up on it.
    He goes to all home CL games but cant get league games. Not sure how he's managing that.

An old school pal of mine offered me a similar final ticket but it was a week before and would have meant time off work and going alone so I didn't take him up on it.
    He goes to all home CL games but cant get league games. Not sure how he's managing that.
    Maybe it is cos he has got cup / CL credits and not league games.

Unless you are minted Tees you can sit with the suits in hospitality 😂

If the club took its broadcasting rights in house it could make a huge amount of money at a fraction of the costs to fans around the world.

Club could easily get 10 million subscribers to watch its games, and at £50 a season would bring in half a billion.

That alone would bring in as much money as the club has made in its highest income season.

The club could add on matchday and commercial revenue to that half a billion bring revenue up to the 800 million mark.

As it stands the clubs record revenue was just over the 500 million mark.

As someone who couldn't afford a sly/bt subscription to watch lfc games, I'd pay £50 a year to watch all of LFCs games gladly.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    If the club took its broadcasting rights in house it could make a huge amount of money at a fraction of the costs to fans around the world.

Club could easily get 10 million subscribers to watch its games, and at £50 a season would bring in half a billion.

That alone would bring in as much money as the club has made in its highest income season.

The club could add on matchday and commercial revenue to that half a billion bring revenue up to the 800 million mark.

As it stands the clubs record revenue was just over the 500 million mark.

As someone who couldn't afford a sly/bt subscription to watch lfc games, I'd pay £50 a year to watch all of LFCs games gladly.
    I agree with you totally it will get to that point soon as well.

Its the way things are going people WFH and Netflix its only a matter of time its already happened on DAZN for boxing.

I agree in principle with ESL to annoy UEFA/FIFA it shouldnt be a closed shop like suggested it needs tweaks and my tweak is f*ck those two off.

UEFA/FIFA have zero morals anyway handing world cups to countries who arent suitable imagine saying 20 years ago Qatar gets a world cup before Holland ?!

Saudis and China wont be far behind.

SKY disgusted me the most the two cheerleaders Neville/Carragher who both come from humble backgrounds su*king corporate dick was vile to me they know what they said was BS, if I had millions in the bank I wouldnt be a nodding dog like they are.

I did not think that Russia could stage a good world cup but they did. I think the Qatar world cup could be amazing. Best to wait till after. Curious politics admittedly.