Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Women's football/sport AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    To be fair the women's game is far bigger than the men's in the US.
    But the income they are pooling will be from the World Cup or such competitions. Their income won’t come close

I'm am in no way sexist at all but a few Wimbledon tennis finals over the years apart women's sport is one big yawn for me....Simply not interested....On the other hand Smith and Jones seem to like women's footy.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PUtO-qpcZU
    Last edited by Martyboy; 19th May 2022 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    I'm am in no way sexist at all but a few Wimbledon tennis finals over the years apart women's sport is one big yawn for me....Simply not interested....On the other hand Smith and Jones seem to like women's footy.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PUtO-qpcZU
    Remember Gabriella Sabatini? Jesus wept. I was just a boy and I still knew she was absolutely unreal.

Now, if we want genuine equality, the women's game should be self supporting, they should generate the revenue and sponsorship to build their own stadiums, training grounds and other facilities and the investment in their game and the wages they are paid should be based on the same percentage of income they generate as the men get paid, THAT is equality

That's what pisses me off, I'm all for equality, I believe in it, actual equality, I get sick to death of woke fuckers whining about wanting equality, when what they're asking for, isn't equality at all, it's that awful human trait of wanting what other people more successful and better than they are have, without having to works for it or earn it, like every Manc I ever encountered
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Couldn't give a shit about womens football... I wish they made a new skysports page for it though so I stop seeing "insert club here chases" or about transfers etc, been a few times Liverpool Womens FC have signed someone, and obviously just 2nd name, i've been like who??

Oh ffs womens shite again
    Same on BBC sport website. Today, some Arsenal player has signed a new contract. The article is categorised as "football". It's not, it's "women's football". I fully agree with some of the posters in this thread - they are, to a degree, parasites. Living off and benefitting from the men's game.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Same on BBC sport website. Today, some Arsenal player has signed a new contract. The article is categorised as "football". It's not, it's "women's football". I fully agree with some of the posters in this thread - they are, to a degree, parasites. Living off and benefitting from the men's game.
    Is that really a huge problem? It creates access. Maybe, it will establish itself with a dedicated audience and become more "self funding"
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Is that really a huge problem? It creates access. Maybe, it will establish itself with a dedicated audience and become more "self funding"
    I see it as a subtle problem that has big implications. If the BBC want to say ‘England beat Italy by two goals’ or ‘Liverpool sign new Italian striker’, they are choosing to not make an important distinction. They are doing it on purpose and they think they have the right to fuck with our concept of what England is or what Liverpool is.

They have all these attendant assumptions - don’t be sexist, what you used to think was true is no longer true. We give equal status to this team that you have no interest in and you better accept it otherwise we will accuse you of having a phobia or a prejudice. The reason the women didn’t previously have equal status is due to oppression by men against women so this is payback time. Also, the only reason womens football is not as good is because of media representation- change the media and we will change football forever.

There are all kinds of problems with that reasoning. My own view is I don’t mind coverage of woman’s football but please be polite enough to make the distinction that it is the women’s England team you are talking about so that I don’t have to feel guilty for noticing you were talking about a completely different sport.

They could simply colour code the headlines, in blue if it's men's football or pink for girls, like for toothbrushes.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I see it as a subtle problem that has big implications. If the BBC want to say ‘England beat Italy by two goals’ or ‘Liverpool sign new Italian striker’, they are choosing to not make an important distinction. They are doing it on purpose and they think they have the right to fuck with our concept of what England is or what Liverpool is.

They have all these attendant assumptions - don’t be sexist, what you used to think was true is no longer true. We give equal status to this team that you have no interest in and you better accept it otherwise we will accuse you of having a phobia or a prejudice. The reason the women didn’t previously have equal status is due to oppression by men against women so this is payback time. Also, the only reason womens football is not as good is because of media representation- change the media and we will change football forever.

There are all kinds of problems with that reasoning. My own view is I don’t mind coverage of woman’s football but please be polite enough to make the distinction that it is the women’s England team you are talking about so that I don’t have to feel guilty for noticing you were talking about a completely different sport.
    At the very least it creates confusion. Surely feminism (if that's what's driving this kind of thing) has a duty of care to all people including men? Or is it just about making women the be-all and end-all and denigrating men (feels like that)? Is that not what men have been accused of (some of that criticism is accurate)? What's the point of women "getting their own back"? Surely we need a balanced approach?

Another interesting point I think about all this is that men have been repeatedly told and taught going back many years that there is something inherently wrong with being a man. Being macho is bad. They say what's needed is that men should be in touch with their feminine side, softer, learn to listen to their feelings bla bla bla

Can you imagine suggesting to these militant feminists that being feminine is bad? That all that feelings stuff is rubbish and they need to move on: that they should be more like men?

So there's a kind of double standard at play here. I think that's what many of us are reacting to. It's not about the right to equality at all. It's this kind of fake equality. By all means let there be womens' sports, commentators etc. but on their sports. Let them do their thing. We'll do ours. Surely that's more equal.
    From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it. Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post

Bang on
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.