Thread: Local elections

Local elections

Labour not doing as well as they probably hoped so far. Good wins in London and South but not so well in North apart from Cumberland. Good wins for Lib Dems and Greens.
    Northern Ireland is interesting - could see big SinnFein wins enabling them to appoint First Minister and potentially trigger a referendum on the union as laid down in law apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Labour not doing as well as they probably hoped so far. Good wins in London and South but not so well in North apart from Cumberland. Good wins for Lib Dems and Greens.
    Northern Ireland is interesting - could see big SinnFein wins enabling them to appoint First Minister and potentially trigger a referendum on the union as laid down in law apparently.
    Just to add to the Northern Ireland point - Bojo and his bozos keep saying that they got Brexit done but they didn't.
    Northern Ireland always was and still is a sticking point!

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Just to add to the Northern Ireland point - Bojo and his bozos keep saying that they got Brexit done but they didn't.
    Northern Ireland always was and still is a sticking point!
    If I remember correctly, NI voted strongly against Brexit. Didn't NI politicians back the Tories at a recent election or something recently?

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    If I remember correctly, NI voted strongly against Brexit. Didn't NI politicians back the Tories at a recent election or something recently?
    You are right Redebreck!
    Please correct me if I am wrong but I think that ...
    Theresa May assumed PM status after Cameron stood down following the Brexit vote.
    She had some kind of EU deal.
    She was not duly elected but sought due election.
    She lost the Tory majority in that election.
    She needed the 12 DUP seats to regain the majority in return for £4 billion.
    There followed a vote of no confidence in her especially regarding the Brexit deal. Boris played off v Jeremy Hunt as Tory leader and won then had general election and won handsomely. Then had Brexit deal waving in his hand . No border problems in NI and no paperwork!

Had Starmer continued with the manifesto he got elected Labour leader by promising to, I think they would have devastated the Tories

A different Labour leader would have

Held the tories to account for their botching of Covid during covid, not start petty squabbles about parties

Held the Tories to accounts for stealing billions of tax payers money on bogus Covid contracts and likely have demanded a police enquiry following the money

Continuing with the popular policies on re-nationalisation of public services and ending tax evasion and avoidance, pointing out privatisation and tax evasion were both absolutely massive contributory causes to the cost of living crisis

Fucking gaping wide open goal missedm fucking fuck the fucking fuck off, same fucking shit as last time, when the Tory fucking wankers are there for the taking, up springs a Tory plant establishment man to get elected Labour leader by fucking morons and fail to absolutely destroy the cunts
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”