Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192223242526272829

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Spurs

I've noticed over the last 18 months that refs seem to get in our way more than they used to. It's because of the way we press, and other teams don't do it so intensely. So refs take up their 'normal' positions that they are used to but can suddenly find themselves in the line of fire.

Honestly, it will never make any sense to me why we ever bring Hendo off and keep Fab on when we need a goal, Hendo's much better with the ball than Fab, better in the high press, reading of it and positionally and actually does sprint back when he's needed to - I'd start Hendo in every game the opposition are going to try and park the bus defend and counter, where for me you need your No6 who is much better with the ball, better positionally and in the high press to stop opposition sides getting out and has far greater know how and appreciation of when the right time to go medium to long or lay it back to Virgil for him to is
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

He brought Jota on for Henderson though, 19, didn’t he. So he was leaving his more defensive player on to hold out with a two man midfield so we could attack more

For some games, against some opposition, against City for instance given the areas they like to play in, were Gini still here or had we replaced him I'd have tried Thiago or Hendo at No6 with a controller either side of them

Next season perhaps

Tchouameni Thiago Hendo

I'd LOVE to see that

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    He brought Jota on for Henderson though, 19, didn’t he. So he was leaving his more defensive player on to hold out with a two man midfield so we could attack more
    Still made no sense to me, they actually created more when he did that too and we nearly lost after having levelled, Henderson positions himself extremely well, expertly if fact, the vast majority of the time, it's why the ex players pundits rave about his 'know how' after some games, they get it even if most of our fans seem not to, high press, to keep a team in and not let them counter, Henderson is VASTLY superior to Fab all day long