Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Your team v Chelsea (FA Cup Final)

2 mins 28 onwards, and it really doesn't do it justice to be fair, the pressing and counter pressing and patience and reading of that situation from Hendo in the whole passage of play that led to that goal was incredible, that clip needs to start 20 seconds earlier in the build up to that goal

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Both goals, Hendo's counter pressing position, reading of the game and situation and intervention was sensational and made the goal, simply world class, on a different planet to Fab's skills at the art of it - The Spurs one was against a Jose low block a game or two after they'd just done City with it

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Keita actually had a decent enough game last night overall, getting through some work rather quietly without bells and whistles. If I could complain about him it would be missing the sitter and not doing enough prior to Henderson's arrival, which settled things down a lot - Naby needed to be on his game for longer spells than he was.

That said, to find positives -

Blocks a shot.
    68 touches.
    Successful dribbles - 6/8 (75%)
    Accurate long balls - 3/5 (60%)
    Dispossessed - 0 times
    Tackles won - 3/3 (100%)
    Interceptions - 2
    Recoveries - 6
    Dribbled past - just once
    Ground duels won - 9/12 (75%)

He wasn't absolutely brilliant, but he didn't have a stinker either. Hopefully if he is selected with Thiago and Henderson at the weekend he can find more consistency (and concentration!) over the 90 minutes - had a very good attempt from outside the box with a volley and with more focus he has a goal rather than the fluffed effort.

Margins. Margins will be key in a Cup Final. Hopefully our recent experience in Europe and a recent title shows through. Chelsea's midfield has been more cohesive than ours in recent clashes so I can foresee us attempting to utilise diagonal balls from Trent to Diaz and from Van Dijk to Salah to pass over their midfield at times.
    He played ok second half as Steveo said it is only Villa maybe they fatigued abit too.

Jones stats look impressive too his pressing was top level which of course watching on tv we dont see but our analysts will.

Jones to me didnt look in the game first 25 mins but he did well afterwards think he gets a raw deal from some.

Fabinho will be missed that much is obvious but we have to dig deep and carry on.

A win is a win and we know one thing we have to earn them all we dont get no gimmes that is for sure.

Fabinho was knackered and mentally not with it at all. Three fouls and the fourth resulted in an injury. Lucky he wasn't given his marching orders. Self inflicted injury with how the tackles went in me thinks. Or he realised he was way below par and decided to do a Pogba and sit it out. Either way, he needed to come off.

He's not Rodri and on something..Fab has played a hell of a lot of football. Most of them have. Need another 2 midfielders in the summer. too take on the games going forward
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    He's not Rodri and on something..Fab has played a hell of a lot of football. Most of them have. Need another 2 midfielders in the summer. too take on the games going forward
    I'd really like two point out too you how two use your too's and to's my deer justme XXxX

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Fabinho was knackered and mentally not with it at all. Or he realised he was way below par and decided to do a Pogba and sit it out. Either way, he needed to come off.
    I'm not convinced he's injured, said so at the time, think he was targeted and being destroyed and didn't fancy it, so even if he were fit, I'd start Hendo at no6 v Chelsea, our record with Hendo at No6 is miles better than with Fab there this season and we haven't won any of our games v Chelsea in 90 minutes starting with Fab there

Most teams play down the sides of us, most teams chances come from releasing players with counters because we don't have pressure on the ball - A 3 in midfield and better press and counter press hugely reduces the number of opportunities teams get to do that - a narrower 1-2 invites it and your 1 frequently isn't meaningfully involved in a lot of the game, unless they're good with the ball - They are just the simple basic facts

That was also the 4th or 5th game this season Hendo's come on for Fab and changed the game hugely and got us control of the game or Hendo's started at No6 and we've been in command of and comfortable in and things have gone a little pear shaped and we've come under pressure when he's been subbed for Fab

We're in the Champions League final, we might not have made it past Inter without Hendo coming on for Fab, that first leg was going the same way the second did go until he replaced Fab and for me that highlights the specific differences in how we play a 3 with Hendo and a 1-2 with Fab, as Fab was our best player when subbed in the first leg, but the 1-2 was allowing them to dominate

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Fabinho was knackered and mentally not with it at all. Three fouls and the fourth resulted in an injury. Lucky he wasn't given his marching orders. Self inflicted injury with how the tackles went in me thinks. Or he realised he was way below par and decided to do a Pogba and sit it out. Either way, he needed to come off.
    Not sure why others get rested and Fab is made to play every game??

Reminds me of when Milner was playing all the time at his age and got injured due to it.

He can easily share that role with henderson with the other 2 midfield spots getting rotated
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.