Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1114151617181920212223242526272831 ... LastLast

Thread: Midweek Games 9/05

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    To win the other 3 and only lose the league on the last day of the season would be an absolutely awesome effort.
    Absolutely this.

Even as it stands, two Cups and taking it to the wire in the League and in Europe is absolutely incredible.

Hopefully we can make it 13-7 rather than 14-6 against Real Madrid. I rather hate that the format of the Champion's League is going to change so drastically for the 24/25 season as the current format holds so many wonderful memories, particularly the Benitez and Klopp years.

For me it's all about Brighton at Anfield. 2 nil up then their guy has a speculative long ranger. He could be trying that shot from then till now and I don't think he beats big Al again.

Quote Originally Posted by jinky View Post
    For me it's all about Brighton at Anfield. 2 nil up then their guy has a speculative long ranger. He could be trying that shot from then till now and I don't think he beats big Al again.
    I think its the more to do with the facts Man-city could end up with 93 points. thats a ridiculous amount of points and we've done pretty well to compete.. until they drop more points it will be difficult for most teams..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Just realised it could still be on GD if we draw and win next 2 and they lose to Villa.
    Very unlikely but not impossible.
    I don't see Villa getting a thing, we can cling to the Liverpool connection but its the unlikeliest of unlikelies.

Quote Originally Posted by jinky View Post
    Think we could torture ourselves about any of the 8 draws and 2 losses really. The mind always wants answers.

Still every chance we get a 90+ point season AGAIN and a Cup Treble is still on. None of which would be possible without a beautiful curler from Trent against Aston Villa or an Alisson header against West Brom.

It took a lot to get here. Can't wait for a Champion's League Final and can't wait for next season. Whatever happens in the League, happens.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Just realised it could still be on GD if we draw and win next 2 and they lose to Villa.
    Very unlikely but not impossible.
    I don't see Villa getting a thing, we can cling to the Liverpool connection but its the unlikeliest of unlikelies.
    we only have 2 games left

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    we only have 2 games left
    Aye I meant next 2 games not 2 more. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Aye I meant next 2 games not 2 more. Lol.
    mean we'd have to score 10 against Southampton or summat like that .. Be great if we scored a winner against wolves in the last minute while over at the empty head.. they concede an equalizer at the same time.

mean we'd have to score 10 against Southampton or summat like that .. Be great if we scored a winner against wolves in the last minute while over at the empty head.. they concede an equalizer at the same time.
    Yeah its dreamland stuff if that happens.

Sides definitely pay attention (via crowd reactions and word coming from the bench) to what goes on in the other match.

Think our best chance (if we beat Southampton and enter the last day with a slim chance of a title win) is to score early - really early - before Man City do.

Pep gets word that we are ahead, has one of his over-thinks, Villa get a goal during the transitional few minutes of the match where the players move around to adhere to the reshuffle.