Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1619202122232425262728293031323336 ... LastLast

Thread: Midweek Games 9/05

I didn't watch the West Ham v City game, just saw the highlights on MOTD, West ham could easily have won that game 4-1, both goals they conceded were really soft and the result of getting too deep, one an own goal by Coufal, the other a deflection by Dawson - Anotnio missed a glorious chance to make it 3-1 and Bowen a glorious chance to make it 3-2

Fair play to West Ham and Moyes, they did have something to play for, but for me there's no excuse for the kind of unprofessional performances a few sides have put in against them in their previous 4 or 5 games, just an appalling lack of professionalism from those sides that doesn't reflect at all well on them or the integrity of the league

I expect Stevie to have his lads and for Coutinho and Ings in particular to play out of their skins, the Palace method of stopping them and countering on them successfully is there for any side to work at, with their current back four Fernandinho and Zinchenko are the obvious candidates to try and release players in behind of, it's which one to employ the abilities of Ings and Watkins against and where and when to fit COutniho in to release them, a Coutinhooooooooooooooooo moment with a late late free kick to get Villa a point or all three would be both glorious and hilarious

Anyway, they may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one, but let's just beat Southampton first and foremost, it will be an incredibly dangerous game, I always though it was the biggest potential banana skin, because they blow so hot and cold, they can be a disaster or brilliant
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    He's not the Moyesiah
    He’s a very naughty boy

One of the funniest thing about the Everton defeat, is that there was a concerted, organised effort to create an atmosphere before the match complete with smoke to greet the bus (where have we seen that before?). Thankfully, they used up all their flares in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    One of the funniest thing about the Everton defeat, is that there was a concerted, organised effort to create an atmosphere before the match complete with smoke to greet the bus (where have we seen that before?). Thankfully, they used up all their flares in the first half.
    Haha, I genuinely thought in the first half that fair play for getting behind the team but then just laughed and said to my folks, imagine supporting them. It must be shit. Lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    What's funnier about that is that I have seen incidents online of Everton fans talking about smoke bombs and introducing a team bus as "Kopite behaviour" whereas presumably for them it's "supporting the team".

It's a shame that both Leeds and Burnley are wholly unimpressive as I do think Everton will stay in the Division simply because one of those two sides will be worse.

A note too for Richarlison who, in terms of attitude and punchable-face-aesthetic looks like he should be playing for Rangers.

Come on the gooners.. i wanna see that smirk of Son wiped off his face.. little shit bag.. Arsenal have no chance tonight of winning though.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Come on the gooners.. i wanna see that smirk of Son wiped off his face.. little shit bag.. Arsenal have no chance tonight of winning though.
    Yep come on the gunners, fuck Spurs and fuck shit cunt roll over and gift City 5 Newcastle too, shit cunts

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Yep come on the gunners, fuck Spurs and fuck shit cunt roll over and gift City 5 Newcastle too, shit cunts
    They are gonna be well and truly bummed twice over in the same game next season..

Eddie im a everton fan Howe. will be kicked out of Newcastle if they don't start well next season

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Eddie im a everton fan Howe. will be kicked out of Newcastle if they don't start well next season
    He should be replaced in the summer and a top manager brought in, games like their game away to CIty, now they are safe, should have been viewed as a test of whether or not he had the tactical abilities to get what would no doubt be a much improve Newcastle team closer to where they want to be next season, he failed that test, he failed it spectacularly, he isn't good enough

I have sympathy for Burnley and Arsenal as Spurs were handed a win via a penalty that shouldn't have been a pen in yesterday's game, for justice to prevail, we need to win the League, Arsenal finish 4th and Burnley stay up