Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Midweek Games 9/05

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Dias in MNF's team of the season ahead of Matip and Konate? fucking amateurs

Played in
    1-0 loss to Spurs
    0-0 to Saints
    2-2 v us we absolutely SHOULD have beaten them in
    2-0 loss to Palace
    1-1 v Saints
    3-2 loss to Spurs
    3-1 loss to Real

In the Prem P29 W23 L3 D3 Clean sheets 12 Goals conceded 18

Matip absolutely pisses all over him on the stats, 17 clean sheets,

Matip/Dias

Tackles 43/26
    Blocked shots 9/7
    Interceptions 39/23
    Clearances 87/65
    Headed clearances 48/29
    Clearances off the line 1/0
    Recoveries 166/108
    Duels won 164/88
    Duels lost 77/75
    Successful 50/50's 9/2
    Aerial battles won 102/51
    Aerial battles lost 49/36

They're both defenders, loosely speaking of course and they can't see Matip is a fucking miles better CB than Dias
    Matip has been the best centre back this season for me.

Whoscored has Matip & VVD in their PL tots.
    Matip 7.31
    Virgil 7.18
    Dias & Konate 6.96

In the CL
    Virgil 7.21
    Konate 7.17
    Matip 6.86
    Dias 6.49

Matip has been the best in the Prem for me, as Virgil said himself not that long ago, a lot of teams attack Matip's and Trent's side more, he was laughing about it as I recall talking about not always having that much to do and as long as we kept the clean sheet and won it was cool

It's not that Virgil isn't our best defender, he obviously is, he's the best CB on the planet right now, Matip's been the best CB in the league because he's had a lot more defending to do and done it brilliantly, except for his 2 flash a leg at a shot instead of standing up and making an angle for Big Bear moments v City, he needs that correcting, as he's done it twice this season, I don't know why them, that's the annoying part about it, them of all teams, as all the other times he's been in that situation this season, he's done what I expect and defended how we defend
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Matip has been the best in the Prem for me, as Virgil said himself not that long ago, a lot of teams attack Matip's and Trent's side more, he was laughing about it as I recall talking about not always having that much to do and as long as we kept the clean sheet and won it was cool

It's not that Virgil isn't our best defender, he obviously is, he's the best CB on the planet right now, Matip's been the best CB in the league because he's had a lot more defending to do and done it brilliantly, except for his 2 flash a leg at a shot instead of standing up and making an angle for Big Bear moments v City, he needs that correcting, as he's done it twice this season, I don't know why them, that's the annoying part about it, them of all teams, as all the other times he's been in that situation this season, he's done what I expect and defended how we defend
    Virgil was coming back from a long layoff too with his injury. Should get a bit more rest next year.
    Wonder what we'll do with Nat Philips

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Virgil was coming back from a long layoff too with his injury. Should get a bit more rest next year.
    We'll sell Nat, I hope we sign Carmo, I think with the 5 subs and the tremendous ability Jurgen has shown in successfully rotating our players to compete in 4 competitions, in his first season doing ti since he's been with us, I think we can absolutely use and manage 4 top CBs, plus it's age proofing too - People say no-one has 4 top CBs. City do, well, they paid the price for four top CBs anyway

Virgil has made an absolutely incredible return, he didn't get nearly enough credit for it, especially from pundits and commentators, they expected him to be 'back to normal' immediately, I was pretty sure that wouldn't be the case and it would take game, game and more games for everything to build back up to how it was when he was at his best, he did make some errors by his standards when building back up, but I expected that might happen too and thought it was totally understandable

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Sell him.

He's a player we don't need. That is therefore - using the term loosely - "free" money. Amazing how a few sales can stack up very quickly to being able to cover a large chunk of a player that would really help us out.

Plus he is a really nice fella - would love to see him get game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Sell him.

He's a player we don't need. That is therefore - using the term loosely - "free" money. Amazing how a few sales can stack up very quickly to being able to cover a large chunk of a player that would really help us out.

Sell him for the right price a huge part of why Edwards was so popular is that he got the kind of fees we'd be expected to pay for players we'd let go and bucked the long LONG running trend of our selling players who hadn't worked out or hadn't quite made the grade on the cheap

The 9m Bournemouth are offering for Nat isn't enough

The 12m being touted as Fulham's offer for Neco isn't enough

Both homegrown players, Neco still very young, a regular international who could easily and quickly become a 30m plus rated full back AND fill the RB role for Fulham for 10 years - If we wanted a HG full back of Neco's potential from a Championship or bottom half Premier League team right now, the asking price would be at least 20m

Sell him.

A bit random but he's in a relationship with Laim Gallaghers daughter. So I'd keep him just so he can wind Liam up about our Champions league successes 🤣🤣

Mental how many Rangers fans have travelled to Seville. Over a 100k apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Mental how many Rangers fans have travelled to Seville. Over a 100k apparently.
    There will be trouble whether they win or lose you'd think. I'd be absolutely delighted to be wrong on that score.

There will be trouble whether they win or lose you'd think. I'd be absolutely delighted to be wrong on that score.
    Well yes.. I mean 100k scottish anywhere that's asking for trouble haha
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.