Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Midweek Games 9/05

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Not dropping 10 points in games because 2 or more top midfielders were missing and we left ourselves short of one would have been desirable

VAR and the refs association want a proper cunting whatever anyone says, they have given them a six point swing too and with the margins as tight as they are, it just isn't acceptable, it is not remotely acceptable, Sky, BT Sport and all the pundits, commentators and rags aren't absolutely ripping into Riley and the refs association, just one serious error or deliberate act of bias by VAR can decide the title, they need to be on their fucking case and make sure it does not happen next season
    I'd rather they ripped into them about FFP. None of the networks or pundits wants to acknowledge that fat fucking elephant in the room.

I think City are exceptional. Teams don't deliberately roll over for them. The quality on the ball and the movement off the ball opens up gaps. We are good, as our results suggest, but we're not able to break down teams the way City do. If our midfield was better we'd have less need for Robbo and Trent to bomb forward. That bombing forward can leave us vulnerable at the back. Oh well whatever happens it's been a season to savour.

Quote Originally Posted by jinky View Post
    I think City are exceptional. Teams don't deliberately roll over for them.
    I think my mate's Milkers are exceptional, but they're Silicon and paid for by her fella's drug money, so can't ever appreciate them, nor will I.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    The dickheads in the Media saying Haaland is a bargain at that price and it’s great for the Premier League.

Absolutely moronic comments both.
    Absolutely.

By the time agent fees and wages are included the money is nuts, but I am sure that won't be the narrative.

Stuff the lot of them - all we can do is aim to improve, aim to win matches and see where it takes us. 14 wins and 3 draws I think our record is in our last 17 League games, whilst reaching the FA Cup Final and the Champion's League Final.

Not to mention we have an articulate Manager who gives us snippets of advice applicable to everyday life nearly every time he speaks, versus having that wound up Box of Frogs giving the media the puppy dog eyes every time they have an "injury crisis" whilst conveniently ignoring the wealth of ill-gotten alternatives on the Bench.

We are to be admired and we have four more years of Klopp and a wonderful backroom set-up. Man City are a frustrating obstacle, but if we can't enjoy winning the vast majority of our matches we might as well just stop.

Onwards, upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by jinky View Post
    I think City are exceptional. Teams don't deliberately roll over for them.
    Yes they do, through laziness and lack of willingness to prepare and set up properly against them Spurs, Palace and Southampton didn't all take points off them by accident, they all set up to stop them playing as they like to in very similar ways, that takes more time, detail and planning to execute than setting up with a low block that we struggle against more than they do

So it is rolling over, these teams aren't bothering to be professional and put the necessary work and preparation into trying to take something from their games with City, so they are accepting in advance they will lose and not even doing the basics of trying to stop them. As much as they lauded The Bacon tonight, Wolves let him pick it up, with time and space, outside their box easy all game, not through clever passing and movement, but through Wolves not bothering to pick up the oppositions most dangerous and creative player at any stage of the game, THAT is rolling over
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think my mate's Milkers are exceptional, but they're Silicon and paid for by her fella's drug money, so can't ever appreciate them, nor will I.
    Funny as fark...lol

It is just laziness, high block with intermittent press, blocking lines to play through or pick up pockets of space centrally, make them play wide of the high block, have two players double up on either wide option, also having options to play out quickly or long

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Crystal-Palace-Vs-Manchester-City_page-0003-scaled.jpg

It isn't asking a lot for teams to at least make it difficult and set up in the above way that denies them playing the game as they want to and the spaces they like to use

Unsurprisingly, despite his involvement in the Jota non penalty and the bitters non penalty, Tierney was VAR official for City's game v Wolves tonight

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/everton-man-city-var-apology-referee-b2025657.html

Tonight's commentators astonishingly said "Some people are still making noises about the penalty in the last game" Well, because it's a very tight race and it wasn't a penalty and by the t-shirt line rule, the bitters is a clear pen, the Wolves is clearly not a pen, and with VAR there is NO excuse whatsoever for the referee to have been incorrectly advised - 4 points