Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: Midweek Games 9/05

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Absolutely.

By the time agent fees and wages are included the money is nuts, but I am sure that won't be the narrative.

Stuff the lot of them - all we can do is aim to improve, aim to win matches and see where it takes us. 14 wins and 3 draws I think our record is in our last 17 League games, whilst reaching the FA Cup Final and the Champion's League Final.

Not to mention we have an articulate Manager who gives us snippets of advice applicable to everyday life nearly every time he speaks, versus having that wound up Box of Frogs giving the media the puppy dog eyes every time they have an "injury crisis" whilst conveniently ignoring the wealth of ill-gotten alternatives on the Bench.

We are to be admired and we have four more years of Klopp and a wonderful backroom set-up. Man City are a frustrating obstacle, but if we can't enjoy winning the vast majority of our matches we might as well just stop.

Onwards, upwards.
    Deal is worth around £300m when all fees are involved.

£60m goes to his agency & dad.

Then you have his signing on fee whatever that is.

His wages £350k (not real but ones on books)

Someone like Watkins will cost same £50m and the dimwits will say City got a bargain because of that.

Klopp said the money to get Haaland was crazy and it is the same with Mbappe ....both are at oil clubs but im sure their world wide fan base has got the revenue in for em 😁

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    His wages £350k (not real but ones on books)
    Given it was common knowledge he was asking for 500k in wages and you wouldn't expect he would take a full 150k less than he knew some club would pay, I don't supposed anyone will investigate or look into where he will be being paid the extra 150k from, offshore or through their owners 'image rights' company
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Even if they are found guilty ,nothing will be done about it uefa are just has bent.. Take the ref for the champions league final. Dick Turpin.. Expect a totally one sided officiating.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I'd rather they ripped into them about FFP. None of the networks or pundits wants to acknowledge that fat fucking elephant in the room.
    They, the broadcasters and pundits are a disgrace, all the faux EFL outrage and talk about the football pyramid and family, when the sports washing FFP circumventing clubs are the most damaging to them and the integrity of all our domestic competitions and on the evidence of this season and last, officials bodies also, as it doesn't look good, it looks as though match officials are also being paid off now too on top of the rest of it

Well, no excuse for West Ham not to have a proper men behind the ball counter on them go at it on Sunday, according to the Prem injury table City will be without: Dias, Laporte, Stones, Walker and Fernandinho on Sunday

Back four of Cancelo Rodri AKe Zinchenko

Set up for a classic Moyes backs to the wall, long diagonals to win throws to win corners to try and get something at a set piece type game

Well I expect West Ham to be up for it at least as they will want another crack in Europa as it is their best way of getting CL football.

The thing for me is the GD is the killer if
    Geordies and Wolves only lost by 3 and 2 goals it makes the table more interesting I suppose.

I just dont see City losing though.

Well I expect West Ham to be up for it at least as they will want another crack in Europa as it is their best way of getting CL football.

Geordies and Wolves only lost by 3 and 2 goals it makes the table more interesting I suppose.

I expected the same from Wolves, still in with Europa chance but after last night they should remame themselves Cubs. Fannies.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I expected the same from Wolves, still in with Europa chance but after last night they should remame themselves Cubs. Fannies.
    Well I didnt see the game last night but yeah clear they werent arsed nowt we can do about that.

I think West Ham will have a go doesnt mean they wont get beat though !

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Even if they are found guilty ,nothing will be done about it uefa are just has bent.. Take the ref for the champions league final. Dick Turpin.. Expect a totally one sided officiating.
    Super league was the answer

It shouldn't be beyond a manager of any Premier League club to A. Get at and exploit a makeshift defence (managed alright when we were in that position a whole season the twats B. Look at how other clubs have set up to successfully frustrate City and make a proper and professional attempt to emulate that and get something from their games against them

Anything else is just rolling over, unprofessional, not bothering, got to give Vieira every credit at Palace, with the resources at his disposal he did a better job against them this season than Jurgen has the last couple Vieira shows that if you can be bothered and put the necessary work in, it's doable, no excuse for any side back 4, Palace and Southampton to analyse, back 3 Spurs to analyse