Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Thiago thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

Trying to have a player at LCM as a designated playmaker
    I doubt Jurgen thinks of it like that. We could put Kevin De Bruyne in Right Midfield and Thiago's designation wouldn't change

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I doubt Jurgen thinks of it like that. We could put Kevin De Bruyne in Right Midfield and Thiago's designation wouldn't change
    I think it just needs tweaking and conversations need to be had and some video analysis, the passes to release Trent and Mo aren't on from the positions he picks the ball up in to me, they are on for Alisson, our No6 and Virgil, the angles are right

I think Thiago is a fantastic player, I'm not trying to knock him, I just want us to get the best out of him and everyone else, saying nothing, however unpopular, never helps anything, same way as saying nothing about the unquestionably wrong and unexplainably wrong, by the laws of the game ref and VAR decisions that could yet decide the title and who is relegated won't help anything
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Those players key passes are key passes and very obviously so, thanks for that, you make my point about a designated playmaker operating at LCM where the angles to release Mo and Trent aren't there for them dominating the ball and Trent and Mo having hugely reduced opportunities to create, make the play and contribute genuine key passes and assists very well indeed, nice work
    Maybe you just dont understand statistics.

Some key passes will be a key pass for you, others won't be for you. They are however defined statistics and recorded.
    You've no data presented, and none on this claim of yours.

You seem to think we should trust your supercomputing brain, yet you've failed to recall basic stats. Where an excel sheet would not fail. A goal/assist error.

Salah at his best has likely given out a few soft key passes to the pass provider too, and assists.
    Soft goals are scored. Harsh fouls are called, or not called. All these factors add complexity. You have players waste chances to control and finish your key pass.

From the data I see, Thiago makes more non-short/routine passes per game via more long balls/passes.
    Hendo has an odd crossing of the ball where Thiago has no crossing game. On average playing deeper and more centrally.
    Your a big fan of the long pass when waxing lyrically about Hendo.

Their key passes are rather similar, Hendo has more assists. They are comparable in terms of pass completion, and number of longball/cross/through-ball passes per game in the PL. Thiago marginally ahead on these other passing stats.
    Thiago ahead on dribbles.

One you cite as an exemplary case, the other you ask for evidence of such statistics. Yet they are largely comparable.

Tbc

Hendo
    Crosses 0.5
    Long balls 2.5
    Through ball 0.1

Thiago
    Crosses 0
    Long balls 4
    Through ball 0

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Maybe you just dont understand statistics.
    I understand them, and having taken care to note incidences in game that would constitute a 'key pass' since our discussion have noted the vast majority that are recorded as key passes are rudimentary passes not intended to release the player for a shot at goal, the player has then taken on and created an opportunity for HIMSELF to shoot at goal, that's why I think it's an absolute nonsense

He finally delivers what I expected and wanted and have been complaining about the absence of, then he's out injured, sounds really harsh and it is absolutely gutting he'll almost certainly miss the Champions League final, for us and Thiago but unfortunately, it is entirely in keeping with Thiago's career at LFC to date -

With his injury record, and how important Gini was and especially for always being available while others had their fair share of short to medium term injuries, it was actually poor recruitment that he was Gini's replacement, as with everyone else's injury history the last 3 seasons, it was always going to cause problems, potentially at a critical time and now we're going to be missing Thiago and Fab, who we knew had recurring short to medium term injury issues when we replaced Gini with Thiago, for our biggest game of the season, not clever, not good recruitment, as I detailed in the summer with foresight

Excellent in the Community Shield.

Yep, he had an excellent game today. Twenty to twenty five like that this season would tell me you are as good as they tell me you are Thiago la.

By far our best midfielder. I don’t expect too many Anglo Saxons or British Islanders to see it but there it is.

However those who believe he was brought in to do this, are making a big mistake. He was never at this level. Nobody was ever going to pay £140 million for Thiago.

Thiago and Coutinho arent comparable for the roles they play.