Thread: I need some help with the forum display

I need some help with the forum display

The other day, whilst fiddling around in settings, I decided to give the mobile site a try. I thought it might be easier with my fat fingers. Unfortunately, I hate it, and there’s absolutely no way to get back to the desktop site.

Just wondering if Gary, or one of the mods have got a way of getting me back to the normal forum display.

Many thanks in advance. SB.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    The other day, whilst fiddling around in settings, I decided to give the mobile site a try. I thought it might be easier with my fat fingers. Unfortunately, I hate it, and there’s absolutely no way to get back to the desktop site.

Just wondering if Gary, or one of the mods have got a way of getting me back to the normal forum display.

Many thanks in advance. SB.
    I just had a quick look, and it doesn't appear the setting appears once you switch to mobile view. I think this has something to do with how the site is configured. I don't have access to those settings, unfortunately.

Only thing I can suggest is try and clear your cookies for the page/site and that may reset it to the desktop view
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Thanks Vin. I’ve tried pretty much everything - clearing cookies/cache, different browsers, manually adding /settings.php to the url etc. Unfortunately, it’s baked into my profile… as soon as I log in, it switches to the mobile site 😟.

One day I’ll learn to leave things alone.

Thanks again mate. SB

This is for Android phone ..

On your Android device, open Chrome and navigate to a website. Once there, tap the three dots icon in the top right corner of the screen to open up the main menu. Look down the list and you'll see an option for Desktop site. Tap this and you should see the site automatically revert to the desktop version

Have you managed to sort it, SB? I think I had a similar situation a few months ago, but in reverse! My phone settings were coming up as desktop!
    Think I used the procedure suggested by scientificred - but not actually knowing what I was doing!

Thanks guys. I used Gary’s link… I’m out of mobile skin purgatory. Such a relief.

Thanks again.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!