Jurgen Klopp has defended Liverpool supporters after they booed the national anthem and during ‘Abide with me’ before the FA Cup final win over Chelsea. With Prince Williams in attendance at Wembley, fans were criticised in some quarters for their actions ahead of kick-off against Thomas Tuchel’s side, as they booed throughout the singing of ‘God Save The Queen’ and the historic hymn that is sung before every FA Cup final. And Klopp defended Liverpool fans’ decision to boo when asked about it at his pre-match conference ahead of the Reds’ trip to Southampton, insisting they wouldn’t do it without good reason. INJURY NEWS: Jurgen Klopp gives Fabinho update and hints at Liverpool plan for Southampton LONG READ: Liverpool icon went from sleeping in a shed to inventing the Adidas Predator “Of course I have thoughts but I think in these situations, it’s always better to ask the question, “Why does it happen?”,” he told reporters. “I know our people that well that they wouldn’t do it if there was no reason for it. “I’m not here long enough to understand the reason for it, it’s for sure something historical so that’s probably a question you can answer a lot better than I can. “The majority of our supporters are wonderful people. Really smart and understand they to through lows, go through highs, suffer together. They wouldn’t do it if there wasn’t a reason. That’s what I know. “Maybe that’s why we should ask this question. Of course I realised and it wasn’t something I enjoyed, but that’s the answer.” Pep Guardiola reveals what score he wants Southampton to beat Liverpool What Thomas Tuchel did to Jordan Henderson before Liverpool penalty shootout win in FA Cup final

More...