Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Man City set to commission statues of Tierney and Kavanagh

I am with Nineteen and Tees/myself have also been saying things aren’t right.

Steveo you are also correct as we don’t watch well I don’t all City/Chelsea games so it is hard to tell.

Two things bug me Manchester refs getting ours or City/Utd games and state owned clubs as if that isn’t bad enough they cheat with FFP.

It needs a breakaway and tell Newcastle PSG City to all p*ss off and play in their own league.

Absolutely. I have long asked how, seriously HOW ON EARTH are greater Manchester officials allowed to preside over our games or their games?

It cannot be allowed surely?

Real are arguably the most powerful club in the world, they are royally pissed over Mbops decision to fuck them off due to personal greed.
    As much as I despise them I hope they can get something going about the oil clubs cheating. Unlikely I guess as the ESL was driven massively by them and Juventus.
    Tebas has been very vocal over City in the past as have the likes of Rummenige and Hoeness in regards to foreign ownership in the Premier league.
    Something has to give eventually.

At the very minimum Riley should issue an apology to Jurgen and our club for the same reason he issued one to the bitters

As they have shown clear bias on several occasions, an agreement/directive/rule should be made that Tierney and Kavanagh and any other Manchester officials should not be allowed to officiate, in any capacity, in any of our games or theirs

My preference with Tierney and Kavanagh is that they should be permanently disbarred from officiating any Premier League games and disbarred from being on FIFA or UEFA registers

Failure to correctly apply the laws of the game, in such clear instances, MUST carry the very heaviest of sanctions for any and every official without exception

In instances such as Kavanagh's in the Everton game, when it is so undoubtedly clear that it can only be put down to clear and deliberate bias and attempts to match fix they should face immediate expulsion, the matter should be referred to the police of prosecution and a full audit of their finances should be conducted to ascertain whether the bias is personal preference or paid for

I don't think that is asking for, or expecting too much, they have to be made accountable for their decisions and to have the threat of severe, career ending consequences and police prosecution and even jail terms - Football is a multi billion pound business, incorrect decisions and failure to apply the laws of the game by their choosing not to, not by error has decided the destination of this season's title, these decisions also affect numerous other businesses, such as bookmakers and peoples bets

Let's say, someone out there had a bet on Liverpool to do the quadruple at 2,000 to 1 and put 1000 pounds on it, if our lads win the Champions League final as we all hope and expect them to on Saturday, given Riley has apologised to the bitters and a water tight case can be made that this was a deliberate act, doesn't any such person have a water tight case to sue the Professional Games Match Officials Limited for their losses? And seek for the police to prosecute Kavanagh for match fixing?

I'd say they do
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    You are quite right off course 19, we should all stand up to injustice and stand up for what is right.

You may also be 100% correct on the decisions you mention but, are you sure there are no other decisions that went for us and against opponents that mitigate these things? I mean have you accounted for everything?

I am not saying you haven’t or that there is but I feel like over an entire season so many decisions can go either way.

I love the statue hambit, very cool and funny, sadly containing too many truths.
    I tend to think 19 is directionally correct, city benefitting overall.
    I'm just not sure he's done an extensive and fully objective review

I fully agree with 19x and everyone else. Some of the officiating this season has been beyond farcical.

The bitters made an official complaint and got an apology, for what it’s worth. I don’t understand why more clubs aren’t making complaints. Is there a limit to how many you can make? Can you only make complaints about mistakes in your own games? No doubt tt handball penalty that Everton were denied directly affected us, but I’m not sure we can complain about it.

There’s not much that we as individuals can do, but I’m sure the club could do more.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I tend to think 19 is directionally correct, city benefitting overall.
    I'm just not sure he's done an extensive and fully objective review
    I have, and I detailed them, there's no point arguing over or debating decisions that a ref can give either way and VAR can't overrule because his decision isn't a clear and obvious error we can only debate or 'hang our hat on' decisions that are very clear and obvious errors that on review VAR have failed, by choice, be clear and deliberate bias, to apply the laws of the game to

The Everton and Wolves handballs are clear instances of failure to apply the laws of the game and advise the referee to change his decision

The Kane yellow card and Jota non pen are also clear failures to apply the laws of the game

I've kept it simple, there are a few more instances of failure to apply the laws of the game, but they're others that benefitted City and were detrimental to us, their 2-1 v Arsenal, our 3-2 v West Ham

They won by a point, the Rodri handball v Everton, on 87 minutes, with penalty conversion averaging over 80% gives them 2 extra points, Mike Riley, managing director of PGMOL apologised for the incident being missed we know it wasn't possibly missed, it was a deliberate, calculated and successful attempt at match fixing by Kavanagh, he chose not to apply the laws of the game, his choice has decided the outcome of the Premier League title, meaning it has gone to the wrong club, that should be a massive deal and should not go without proper investigation and punishment

Quick recap on what Lampard, Guardiola and the Manchester Evening news had to say about the non award of a pen for Everton

Lampard

"There is no doubt, there is no probably to it," he said when asked if Everton should have been awarded a penalty.

"The decision is incredible, incredible, and that loses us the opportunity to get what we deserved.

"That's a VAR call. That's Chris Kavanagh, I spoke to the referee and they know it is a penalty, the question is that is it offside and it wasn't.

"That's the reason we have VAR. It wouldn't have needed more than five seconds to know it was a penalty. He [Kavanagh] should have either told the referee to give it or told him to go look at it.

"We've lost a point because of a professional who cannot do his job right. You start searching for whys and I can't think why. It is so incompetent to get it wrong.

"Pep [Guardiola] will know, Everton fans will know, Man City fans will know, it was the clearest penalty you could give: arm is out — great, below the sleeve — great, I was waiting for the penalty.

"Incompetence at best, at worst who knows?
    I'll wait for the statement or apology they do when things are wrong but it will mean nothing."

City boss Guardiola admitted on Monday (February 28th) that the incident should have seen Everton awarded a penalty.

Guardiola said after the game on Saturday that he thought it had not been given as the VAR Chris Kavanagh spotted an offside against Richarlison just before the incident. But the Premier League later clarified that there was no offside, and that Kavanagh had decided there was not enough clear evidence that the ball had struck Rodri above the level of the armpit, which is the border for handball.

He was asked whether the decision could have an effect on the rest of the season, both for City chasing the Premier League title, and for Everton fighting relegation.

Guardiola replied: “Entire season? Can this episode affect a whole season? I will review a lot of incidents. It looks offside for Richarlison, if it’s not offside it’s a penalty."

Yes Pep, it can affect a whole season, an entire 38 game season can be made a complete farce by one very deliberately wrong VAR decision making the wrong side be crowned champions, because that's what's happened, that is the danger when 2 sides amass so many points and the margins are so very small
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 23rd May 2022 at 02:43 AM.

I shit you not, but there's a thread up since yesterday after the games on Blue Moon called 'Hand Of Rod' gloating about the Rodri Everton handball incident. Those feckers are actually gloating about the 3 points handed to them in that game, that virtually, swung the title in their favour. Rotten disgusting swine!

I don't really count that as the deciding factor. Its not a guarantee that Everton would have scored the penalty had it been given.
    Let them get on with it. No self respecting football fan counts their success. They're absolutely nothing, we'll never ever be jealous of what they are.