Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Man City set to commission statues of Tierney and Kavanagh

Well Tees, having lived and worked in Manc they have a severe dislike of scousers and Liverpool fans whoever they support, and even if they're not really interested in football too, work places really are closed shops, they'll always look to promote a Manc even if they're shite and this seems cultural, to run through them all, they'll stitch up and knock down everyone and everything else to try and promote and champions something Manc

So in regards to Tierney, Kavanagh and any other Manc officials, it really does not matter who they support of claim to support, they simply should not be ever allowed to referee games involving Liverpool or either Manchester club

On your post, we're not talking about just that decision though are we, of the decisions that did have a major effect, which were in Spurs v Liverpool, City v Wolves and Everton v City, Tierney and Kavanagh were match referee and VAR respectively in our game v Spurs and the bitters v City and made failures to correctly apply the laws of the game that saw us drop 2 points and City gain 2 points
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well Tees, having lived and worked in Manc they have a severe dislike of scousers and Liverpool fans whoever they support, and even if they're not really interested in football too, work places really are closed shops, they'll always look to promote a Manc even if they're shite and this seems cultural, to run through them all, they'll stitch up and knock down everyone and everything else to try and promote and champions something Manc

So in regards to Tierney, Kavanagh and any other Manc officials, it really does not matter who they support of claim to support, they simply should not be ever allowed to referee games involving Liverpool or either Manchester club

On your post, we're not talking about just that decision though are we, of the decisions that did have a major effect, which were in Spurs v Liverpool, City v Wolves and Everton v City, Tierney and Kavanagh were match referee and VAR respectively in our game v Spurs and the bitters v City and made failures to correctly apply the laws of the game that saw us drop 2 points and City gain 2 points
    Have read your "Bias" towards anything Manc for a really long and very repetitive time,so much so i wonder if the problem could possibly have been with yourself, which you may fail to realize .I worked in the Manchester area for years without any issues you talk of,in fact no-one ever made issue of where i lived or was brought up,i found it a great place to work,made some good friends and the reason i ventured to the work area is the pay was higher, irrelevant of the travel ,just saying ! And definitely nothing personal is meant ! Just my viewpoint derived from your repetitive "Bias" outside of football towards them.
    Last edited by fagin; 24th May 2022 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post

I see your points and agree about them not being officials on our games. I'd add Coote to them also. Another self confessed Utd fan.
    The issue we have is that its only us saying and feeling this way and we'd get accused of the old conspiracy theory nonsense and just being bitter in general.
    If a club feels aggrieved about a certain official ( like Klopp does with Tierney) then they should be removed from officiating if the club can put forward a case of incidents that back up their claim. The Kane red this season being a nailed on case. There's others with that little cunt but I can't think of them off the top of my head. Coote not giving Pickford a red for his season ending scissor challenge is one too but that was last season.

The only problem is it could open up a can of worms that the FA or Premier league wouldn't want a bar of so it just wouldn't happen. We are stuck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Have read your "Bias" towards anything Manc for a really long and very repetitive time,so much so i wonder if the problem could possibly have been with yourself, which you may fail to realize .I worked in the Manchester area for years without any issues you talk of,in fact no-one ever made issue of where i lived or was brought up,i found it a great place to work,made some good friends and the reason i ventured to the work area is the pay was higher, irrelevant of the travel ,just saying ! And definitely nothing personal is meant ! Just my viewpoint derived from your repetitive "Bias" outside of football towards them.
    Further to my viewpoint ,you are a self appointed football forum expert per ce : but to condemn the "Manc" population on your limited experience of a certain few is just Plain Wrong mate.

Quote Originally Posted by fagin View Post
    Further to my viewpoint ,you are a self appointed football forum expert per ce : but to condemn the "Manc" population on your limited experience of a certain few is just Plain Wrong mate.
    Not in my experience, they're all cunts, the only decent people I met in that City were people who'd come there as students and weren't Mancs. I'm entitled to my opinion as that was my experience of them, they ruined my life, effectively ended it, all because they wanted what I had and worked for, without having to work for it, because they couldn't take a non Manc, blessed with abilities through a couple of disorders that although he couldn't take too much credit for himself, as they kind of did it all for him, absolutely wiping the floor with all of them.

Although far more brutal and personal and directed solely at one person, overall not dissimilar from what our lads experienced in a pair of Manc officials and Anthony Taylor robbing them of 2 titles, because they are in a position that allows them to try their best too

Look at that absolute shit show last season, and it was an absolute shit show, when we had our injuries and weren't as able to play in our normal way of not giving them a decision to make, they absolutely and unquestionably went after our lads, so much of that was absolutely beyond the pale, well I had to put up with worse than than shit for 3 years, I make no apologies for my feelings about that cunt of a breed of people, they earned it

I'd add, the margins are so very slim, both sides will drop points, if when one of those sides looks like dropping points and isn't having their best game or run of form officials make sure they get all 3 in a couple of games they otherwise wouldn't have and make sure their closest challengers drop a couple in a game or 2, then that creates an 8 points or more swing and we can't keep letting them get away with doing that

If I had to elaborate on which games I believe it's clear that happened in this season, all with instances of a failure to correctly apply the laws of the game it is as follows

City 1-0 Wolves non handball penalty (Moss and Marriner)
    Arsenal 1-2 City non pen for Ederson late follow through, City pen for non meaningful contact (Atwell and Gillet)
    Everton 0-1 City non pen for very clear Rodri handball (Tierney and Kavanagh)

West Ham 3-2 Liverpool foul on Alisson for opening goal, non red card for Creswell (Pawson and Atwell)
    Spurs 2-2 Liverpool non sending off for Kane, non pen for clear foul on Jota (Tierney and Kavanagh)

Eleven point swing when the margins are so tight, we can't afford for that to keep happening and not demand something is done about it, them getting it deliberately wrong to gift one side an extra 2 points in just one game can be the difference

I don't actually think Atwell is a corrupt or dodgy ref or VAR assistant, I think he plays safe as a ref and doesn't give things like pens or red cards unless he's absolutely certain thinking VAR will advise him if he's made a clear and obvious error, but when he's on VAR, he conflicts how he acts when he refs by seemingly not wanting to correct or overrule the ref and we paid the price for that against West Ham, I don't think it was deliberate or calculated, with Tierney and Kavanagh it absolutely is deliberate and calculated

That Aussie VAR guy is bent as fuck though, I think there was at least one more highly controversial pen or non pen that favoured City in a game he was VAR, but both VAR reviews in that Arsenal game were very wrong and both failed to apply the laws of the game and this season's interpretations on 'follow through' Arsenal non pen and 'meaningful contact' Silva's dive for a slight tug on his arm, the type defenders do all the time that isn't enough to go to ground - Gillett shouldn't be allowed to officiate in any capacity in games that could meaningfully affect the Premier League title race

Tierney and Kavanagh both have considerable form for failure to apply the laws of the game and endangering player safety in games they have officiated involving us, City and the filthy - They have unquestionably shown a clear bias they are unable to control the urge to act on and neither should be allowed to be involved in officiating in any capacity in game involving any of those 3 teams next season

Jon Moss is just overweight and a poor ref, nothing dodgy about him, he just genuinely gets things wrong, retired now anyway
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 24th May 2022 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I see your points and agree about them not being officials on our games.

If a club feels aggrieved about a certain official ( like Klopp does with Tierney) then they should be removed from officiating if the club can put forward a case of incidents that back up their claim. The Kane red this season being a nailed on case
    There is a lot of evidence of Tierney and Kavanagh BOTH failing to correctly apply the laws of the game, endangering player safety, and showing what can only be viewed as clear and deliberate bias both when refereeing or on VAR in games involving us and involving both Manchester teams

I would say Everton have crystal clear grounds to ask that neither of them are involved in any capacity if their games against City again also

I'm not going to go through and document all the incidents, there are numerous, Tierney again robbed us of 2 points last season for instance, blowing up 20 seconds short of the minute of additional time with Mane clean through 1 v 1 with De Gea, the laws of the game state he has to play a minimum of the allocated stoppage time, Kavanagh was an absolute disgrace in the home defeat to Everton, causing Hendo to be injured and giving them a pen for Calvert-Lewin tripping himself over Trent lying prostrate on the floor, having slid to ground to block any attempted effort to the other side of Alisson

The letting the opposition try and kick us off the park and not applying normal Premier League protection to players and cautions for persistent fouling or certain types of fouls in certain games has to stop too

I think a few really need to remind themselves of the absolute shit show that went on last season and their own comments on it

https://forums.lfconline.co.uk/showthread.php?287295-Premier-League-table-VAR-applied-correctly-and-honestly/page9&highlight=League+table+VAR

If you don't stand up to it any exhaust every possible avenue you can to have it stopped, this season's being robbed of the title for the second time on 4 years by just 4 or 5 deliberately very wrong decisions and failure to apply the laws of the game is what you get

At least they dropped the subjective bullshiit that was their excuse for 'clear and deliberate bias' last season

Some of those last season were absolutely criminal, the ones that made the difference this season were equally so, but there were just so many last season, several in single games in some cases

The Newcastle keeper grabbing Mane back by his leg
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 24th May 2022 at 01:06 PM.

I know you don't want to drop it 19, however for you own well being, it'd probably channeling your energy into something else in the off season.
    You are essentially an oxygen thief.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    I know you don't want to drop it 19, however for you own well being, it'd probably channeling your energy into something else in the off season.
    I normally disappear in the off season for a good while, sometimes missing when we've signed someone for the reasons you state