Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Man City set to commission statues of Tierney and Kavanagh

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I normally disappear in the off season for a good while, sometimes missing when we've signed someone for the reasons you state
    Good man, everyone needs a reset, it comes with being a heavy metal supporter.
    You are essentially an oxygen thief.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC vs PFC View Post
    Good man, everyone needs a reset, it comes with being a heavy metal supporter.
    Maybe I'll start my long overdue book explaining what it's like living with certain conditions and how very different they are to try and give normal people some better insight, with a 'hopefully' humorous take on it, it's set to be called 'Absolute Basketcase' although the official meaning of basketcase isn't what most people understand it to be
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I can do my one too, on Piles. Nobody warned me about that when I was in my 20’s & 30’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I can do my one too, on Piles. Nobody warned me about that when I was in my 20’s & 30’s.
    Piles is probably less appealing than off the dial 'episodes' that most normal people would think are only something that happens in the movies, set around the backdrop of the music industry and Brixton when it was cool

It's going to be like the 'Goodfellas' of mental health stories, I think it might just work
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 24th May 2022 at 07:47 PM.

Piles is probably less appealing than off the dial 'episodes' that most normal people would think are only something that happens in the movies, set around the backdrop of the music industry and Brixton when it was cool
    "Episodes" are something else.

I briefly owned a character called "Brendan" - ginger, a Vampire - fuck knows why. He was an ironing board. He had been drawn on so he had a face. Wasn't unlike the Da of the ginger lad in Rugrats.

I brought him out into the middle of the woods for company as I was intent on killing myself. This would have been about April of 2007.

I had been in the habit of going out extremely drunk at night with a cardboard box to lift hedgehogs that were on the main road and would walk them into thicker bits of woodland.

On my Death-intended walk in the woods I saw several hedgehogs. I knew I could very well have prevented the Death of at least one of them and it gave me a tiny glimmer. Would have been around 3.30am.

Sat down on a moss-covered log, rather soggy on my arse (didn't care) and had a bit of a think. Had Brendan stood upright. Pretty much had an auditory hallucination (hearing shit, not seeing shit) that I should give life a go.

Rang my Mum. I was only 70 miles or so away from Home. They got me in the morning.

Still here and am living a pretty balanced life overall, sort of found a bit of a groove. Took a LONG time and there were many ups-and-downs until just a few years ago, though 2007-2011 and then 2014 were the worst of it in terms of my Brain being a massive ball-bag.

But I'm here now. So that's pretty great. Lots of little coping mechanisms about the place. This forum is definitely one of them. Not the main one, but it plays a part.

Anyway, if you think writing about your experiences will "help" in any way or channel something, go for it. I write stuff quite often - no intention of showing it to people, I just enjoy the process. I think of it as my Brain being full of too much water and writing is turning the tap on - it siphons some away, placing less stress on my skull.

This was an unusual post. Life is good. Treasure it.

Around the music and in the bubble away from everyone else's normal it only did incredible things, incredible euphoria A LOT of the time, incredible energy A LOT of the time, and what it did in the time off, filing, sorting, rearranging, taking me on journeys inside my brain, well, that was something else as well, that's the good Goodfellas part, the disastrous things it did through 3 years of sustained work pace abuse, and everything that happened there after, that's the turning states and going into witness protection part

I look forward to this book Nineteen, the dread is you can write for England so I might need help carrying it 😛

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Nothing worse than a dose of farmer's

Chalfonts

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I look forward to this book Nineteen, the dread is you can write for England so I might need help carrying it ��
    I wrote to the RCOP, my Doctor's and the idiots in mental health services not that long ago with a relatively comprehensive account of things, suggesting as they weren't particularly good at listening perhaps they were better at reading, it was over 30,000 words long, the length of many first novels It took me less than 2 weeks to write it

I wrote to the RCOP, my Doctor's and the idiots in mental health services not that long ago with a relatively comprehensive account of things, suggesting as they weren't particularly good at listening perhaps they were better at reading, it was over 30,000 words long, the length of many first novels It took me less than 2 weeks to write it
    I have no doubt you can write over 30000 words you are a machine and im sure you dont sleep either !!

If it will cost money they not listen they will fob you off with tablets / leaflets its disgraceful really but mental health is getting more spotlight at least.