Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Man City set to commission statues of Tierney and Kavanagh

I couldn’t work out a way to embed a TikTok video, but I thought 19x might enjoy this:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLEf5jnL/?k=1
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I couldn’t work out a way to embed a TikTok video, but I thought 19x might enjoy this:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLEf5jnL/?k=1
    I'd forgotten about the Newcastle one

That tiktok is pretty decent as it also includes the Ref watch and PGMOL lifelong company man Dermot Gallagher unable to defend any of those decisions - The 3 main games I highlighted as officials deliberate failure to apply the laws of the game were the 2-1 v Arsenal, the 1-0 v Wolves and 1-0 v Everton - The Arsenal one might actually be the worse, because they're denied a stonewall pen at 1-0 then have a pen incorrectly given against them - Six points City shouldn't have had

I have SSN at the moment, it just scrolled through the final tables for all Europe's major leagues in the box on the right, we have more points than any of the sides who won the other leagues, City should only have had 87 points
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Kevin Miles
    Chief Executive
    The Football Supporters' Association

..was involved in discussions to stop the European Super League
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

This is where it started for me, where City's owners opened a few more offshore accounts to stay on top, nothing at all wrong with the officiating in this game, the laws of the game as they were at that time were applied perfectly accurately and correctly, this was the game Guardiola knew despite spending billions, our lads were a vastly superior team and he needed some extra help from offshore sources

Brilliant goal from Fab, one instance in particular later though when he's caught out doing what I slate him for and lets Aguerro get played in between him and our defence far too easily and it's nearly a goal for them, exactly what he did v Real in the recent final, charging blindly to the ball, or not recognising who his man is and going to someone else's, allowing the opposition to play through us

Brilliant assists for Robbo and Hendo and goals for Mo and Mane too, despite being better in some respects through having finally amassed a squad that can be rotated, we're nowhere near as good as we were then now, the proposed evolution has been devolution, too much of what we did that made us the best team in the world for a spell has been laid to waste

Amateur Boxing is looking to get its house in order.
    "'Boxing cannot shake culture of bout manipulation' - Professor Richard McLaren".

McLaren was appointed by the then AIBA in June 2021 to investigate possible corruption and irregularities in the judging and refereeing at the Rio Olympic Games in 2016 and through to 2021.

Last September, his investigation found that a system to manipulate the outcome of boxing matches by officials was in place at the Rio 2016 Olympics, with "suspicious" bouts including defeats for Great Britain's Joe Joyce and Ireland's Michael Conlan.

His investigation team have helped develop a system of vetting referees and officials using artificial intelligence.

This led to 22 high-risk officials being removed from competition in the past year or not being recommended for future appointments.

The "long" list of rule breaches by officials at recent tournaments included peer pressure to manipulate bouts, excessive manual manipulation of the referee and judges draw and the use of mobile phones.

"These types of seemingly minor infractions reinforce the past culture which disregarded the ethics and integrity of the sport," McLaren said.

"While the IBA has reiterated its no-tolerance approach to field of play corruptions, there continue to be reports of issues on the field of play."

English Premier League should carry out something similar, and "vet" the match officials.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/61848774

The Premier League faces an unprecedented shortfall in experienced referees next season after Kevin Friend became the fourth long-serving official to quit the top flight this summer - to take a management role with the referees’ organisation.

Friend, 50, is the youngest of the retirees this summer, following Mike Dean, 54; Jon Moss, 51; and Martin Atkinson, 51, out the game. Between them the quartet have officiated in 63 seasons in the Premier League alone and leave the Professional Games Match Official organisation without stalwarts who have taken charge of big games and each officiated at an FA Cup final.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/06/21/exclusive-premier-league-facing-shortfall-experienced-referees/
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    That was a lovely post Sid. I’m so glad that you saw those hedgehogs.

Happy to hear that life is treating you well. Supporting a team that rarely loses must help.
    Forgot to thank you, Nineteenx and alifino for the kind comments.

It's a process.

For 19x:
    thefsa.org.uk/contact/
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Mike Riley announces he will step down as the head of PGMOL after 13 years

Good bleeding riddance
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Mike Riley announces he will step down as the head of PGMOL after 13 years

Good bleeding riddance
    Hopefully, Riley stepping down and a plethora of referees from the bad old days calling it a day is the 'behind closed doors' start of a long overdue process of the the PGMOL cleaning up it's act and not indulging in the deliberate match fixing we saw in the last 2 seasons, with last seasons resulting in City being handing a title they categorically did not win or earn